PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Software

fmenier
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi All

I'm a beginner and intent to buy a Bioloid. I would like to start the programmation...with something easy. I 've had a look on microsoft robotic and also a language from Gostai called URBI (http://www.gostai.com) which seem a bit simpler. Has somebody tried this language before ?
Do you have any advise as for the choice ?

Tks

Fred

Alex
08-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi Fred, welcome to the forums!

I'm not too sure about the platforms you had mentioned, but honestly, if you're just getting into robotics, I'd start off with just the Bioloid system, and work your way into integrating this system with the platforms you mentioned. It may not be a right out of the box type of thing that you can do, it may require some extra work on your end. However, out of all the robot kits, the Bioloid system seems to have the most flexibility with the most hackable potential due to it using a straight serial communication bus (daisy chain up to 255 devices to one line), which means you can integrate it with any other system that can understand straight serial.

I was waiting to see if anyone else would reply to your post before I did. I hope what I said helps you out:)