PDA

View Full Version : Molex is obsoleting the 3-pin straight connector used by the Bioloid

JonHylands
09-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I just got an email from Digikey saying that Molex is obsoleting the 3-pin plug the Bioloid kit uses. I go through a pile of them, so I just ordered a couple hundred more. Digikey has roughly 2400 left in stock
. If you plan on building any Bioloid devices that use the 3-pin plugs, you might want to think about picking some up sooner rather than later.

- Jon

Alex
09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
That really sucks!! What the hell is Bioloid going to do for their connectors? Is it the style of connector that is going away, or just the part number?

Thanks for letting us know about this Jon.

JonHylands
09-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't know - Digikey doesn't have any info about replacements...

I just got off the phone with a sales rep from Molex, and he's going to look into it and let me know...

- Jon

JonHylands
09-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Okay, so I talked to the molex rep. he checked into it, and it turns out it was a mistake - it was marked on their website as obsolete, and Digikey reported it as such, but its not.

They are going to update their website...

- Jon

Matt
09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Holy crap, that was a decent scare. We are working on Bioloid devices and that was some bad news. Whew, glad it was an error. Thanks for the heads up however, had it been real that would have been very helpful.

Alex
09-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey, it's still helpful! It's helpful that Jon helped Molex and Digikey to get it all corrected:robotveryhappy:

SteamAutomaton
05-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Dear Community:

Quick question, "What is the Digikey part numbers for both the male socket and the female plug?"

I am planning to make a custom wiring harnesses for my Bioloid.

Yours,
Steam Automaton

billyzelsnack
05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.bioloid.info/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=AX-12+page

SteamAutomaton
05-25-2010, 06:21 AM
http://www.bioloid.info/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=AX-12+page

Dear Billyzelsnack:

Thank you

Sincerely yours,
Steam Automaton