PDA

View Full Version : RBT-1 owners: What's your opinion?

Dave
09-25-2007, 06:58 PM
I would like to get some input from folks who own the Futaba RBT-1 (or the original HPI version). Pros, cons, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

I've been hearing mostly good things, but a few people have reported some stability issues. Our demo unit performs most of the pre-programmed motions just fine, although some screws need to be tightened periodically to keep everything solid, and it rarely gets through the demo scenario without falling.

I don't mind the flaky canned motions, because I'm modifying them anyway, but what do the rest of you think of this bot?

N-2-STUFF
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
hi dave
as per our conversation the other day on the phone: it needs a gyro bad,yep the screws get loose,battery life 20 minutes,the software needs updating. what else, let me me think about it some more.

scott

cdraptor
09-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't have a lot of instability issues - I don't run too many demos, usually run around with the R/C which once you get the lean stick down you can keep him up pretty good. I find I have to tighten this one shoulder screw often - to be honest I am not overly thrilled with the pop-able joint setup. When I do get him going crazy and he falls, he gets up great, but on occasion he'll pop a joint, then you gotta pick him up manually - not liking that, I don't think the servos need that much protection with as light as his plastic body is. I find that the shoulder screws are typically the only ones I need to tighten on occasion, the one in particular, which was the one that was loose when I got it.

Dave
09-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I find that the shoulder screws are typically the only ones I need to tighten on occasion, the one in particular, which was the one that was loose when I got it.
I think the problem might be the the white plastic washer that holds the joint together. When I have a few spare minutes, I'm gonna try replacing it with something that will provide more friction.