PDA

View Full Version : KHR-1HV Owners

Droid Works
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Well I got my 1HV a couple days ago and I love it. I am so glad I chose the 1HV I could not be more impressed with it. Its the most graceful bot kit I have ever seen. If your thinking about getting one I highly recommend it.

diogenes
11-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Well I got my 1HV a couple days ago and I love it. I am so glad I chose the 1HV I could not be more impressed with it. Its the most graceful bot kit I have ever seen. If your thinking about getting one I highly recommend it.
Hmmm. Interesting recommendation given the problems you reported on this and other forums with the USB setup, ICS, a loose solder ball in one of the servos, and limited shoulder servo rotation.

Droid Works
11-06-2007, 12:08 AM
The loose piece of solder is what caused all the problems except the USB one.Just because there was a loose piece of solder in one of the servos don't mean all KHR's are bad...lol Thats true of any mass produced product, sometimes accidents happen. And I can live with the glitch on the laptop its a little buggy but workable. But that aside it is just a work of art. I have been writing motion and messing around with it non stop since I got it and loving every min of it. Now that it is up and fully functional I am working on some mods and hacks. I will post some pics of it soon. I am still amazed at how human like and fluid you can get the motions on it.

Droid Works
11-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Anyone know of or have a link to a wall power source for the 1HV. Tried to find a 10.8V 800 mAh power supply locally but no luck. I getting tired of switching out batteries...lol

Dave
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I got tired of looking for power supplies for our robots, so I built one. This isn't the prettiest option, but it was the simplest. I took five Dimension Engineering adjustable regulators (http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/p/5161-10W-Step-down-adjustable-switching-regulator.aspx), which can each handle 1A, and wired them in parallel. I just wired them up on a breadboard, stuck it in an ABS project box, added a few pannel-mount DC jacks, and that was it. For input power, I used a Bioloid power supply, which is essentially a 12V 5A DC laptop power supply.

I ended up building two regulator networks into the same box, so I could have a 7.4V output for our RBT-1 and a 6V output for the Robonova. I also added a 40mm 12V fan, for good luck.

Droid Works
11-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Do you think this would work? I would have to cut off the end and replace it with an adapter for the battery of course.
http://www.rcdiscounts.com/acbhpusa/showdetl.cfm?&DID=1&st_id=146&User_ID=15003644&st=7039&st2=45410401&st3=-74766497&Product_ID=5254

Droid Works
11-09-2007, 01:16 AM
would this work as a power supply its 9v not 10.8v but it is 800ma. I was wondering if you think this would work.
http://www.robotshop.ca/home/products/robot-parts/power-systems/power-adapters/fischertechnik-energy-set.html

Dave
11-09-2007, 12:03 PM
The 1HV would probably run on 9V, but with reduced torque. You should try to avoid using a battery charger in place of a power supply, though. Some battery chargers don't provide constant power, but deliver it in pulses. Most have some circuitry for measuring the impedance of the battery, but since the charger will be plugged directly to your control board, it may get flaky depending on the impedance of the circuit.

Also, 800mA is a good charging current, but it's probably not enough to run all of the servos reliably.

Having said that, if I were to steer you toward one of those you linked to, I'd say try the Fischertechnik one. If the robot seems too weak, or the power adapter heats up, try something a little beefier.