PDA

View Full Version : kondo acceleration sensor

plingboot
11-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi all,
Just wondered whether anyone has any help they can offer for setting up and using the RAS-2 acceleration sensor with a KHR-1HV?

It appears to have 2 outputs, but i can't work out what they do - or which way up/down/around and where the sensor needs to be mounted.

I'd also like to know whether it can be used to detect a fall (as it happens) so arms can be thown forward/backward to break the fall etc.

Any help/sample H2H motions would be appreciated.

Dave
11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
The bottom connector is the X-axis output, and the top connector is the Y-axis output.

Here's how those axes line up:

Droid Works
12-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I mounted mine under the shoulder on the servo. I only use the one input. I use it to detect when he falls and to make him get back up. I suppose if you have only 1 gyro you could use the second input as a gyro.Although it will not be as accurate as a actual gyro. To make him recover from falls lie him on his back and then front. When you do you will see a reading from the accelerometer. when he is flat on his face use the forward get up file and the back get up file when he is on his back. the rcb files can be found on my website droidworks.org you can download the files you need there. Hope I was able to help:)