PDA

View Full Version : What you can do with a $1000 and a borrowed industrial robotic arm

DresnerRobotics
01-18-2008, 03:47 PM
http://www.manapotions.com/robopult.html

:D

This is the most awesome use of a robotic arm I have ever seen. It's like the worlds most advanced catapult (computer vision based trajectory). I can't say anything about it that the article doesn't already explain, so check it out!

Alex
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
great stuff! I was waiting for one of the pig entails to nail that dude:D

asbrandsson
01-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Hello,

That was really cool. Before they know it they will have jobs in the military :wink:.

Asbrandsson

MYKL
02-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Those industrial bots have huge amounts of torque. The gridded aiming system was quite impressive. I'm suprised they didn't fling a whole pig at the RV. Let it stew in the desert for a couple of weeks first and then send it through the windsheild. Now that would been nasty.

There is a small part of me that gets a little bent when I see robots, food, beer, and even old RV's used to make a Jackass video. I wonder what will happen when someone does invent a giant sized armoured suit. A bunch of machinists with too much free time and beer would take it on a joy ride in some out of the way place and use it to fling a ton of monkey poo at a guy in a king kong suit?

^_^