PDA

View Full Version : New parallax bot

jdolecki
02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
5k though out of my price range.

http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=10&m=214032

DresnerRobotics
02-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't really see what justifies the 5k price tag...

Alex
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't really see what justifies the 5k price tag

First production run is my main guess. Manufacturing costs are really high when you don't order high quantities. They said they only have 5 right now, but 45 on the way. Reading through the thread it seems that these little guys are packed full of features though. They mention that it's programmable and has encoders and some autonomous control features, so that'll jack up the price too. I'm guessing that it comes assembled too.

Still, these are really damn cool imo! They look like mini dune buggies:)

Dave
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Wow, it looks beautiful. Based on the mechanics and custom machining involved, I can understand the price tag. However, there's no room to bolt on any machine guns, so I wouldn't drop $5k on it. It would make a good rugged recon vehicle, though.

Alex
02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
However, there's no room to bolt on any machine guns, so I wouldn't drop $5k on it.

Come on Dave, what about Mad Max style side mounted machine guns;)

srobot
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Come on Dave, what about Mad Max style side mounted machine guns;)

Tell Matt that it's for a video that you want to do for Trossen Robotics... Maybe he'll will buy you one both the robot and gun : ).

Matt
02-06-2008, 10:32 PM
I guess that depends upon who he is planning to shoot :)

Alex
02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey man, you're the one who shoots flying monkeys at my head;) They are stuffed though so I guess it's not fair for me.

Hey, we can mount some nerf turret side mounted guns! That'll even up the playing field a bit.

srobot
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey man, you're the one who shoots flying monkeys at my head;) They are stuffed though so I guess it's not fair for me.

Hey, we can mount some nerf turret side mounted guns! That'll even up the playing field a bit.

Babababababa brrrunnnn bububu ba bru bn bn bububununbababi brbr

It might be best to fight with this thing outside. "WHAT IS THAT SOUND!!!! AND WHY DOES IT SMELL LIKE A CAR IS RUNNING IN HERE!!!!!!" :)

If you send me more yoyo squids and robot parts, I could join in on the fight...

LOL

Cheers,
--Scotty

srobot
02-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, make sure to use a good web Proxy. ;)

Dave
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Babababababa brrrunnnn bububu ba bru bn bn bububununbababi brbr

You really need to get that checked out, Scotty. Sounds like your carburetor's all gunked up.