PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With 4 Servo Controller

mterm
02-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I have (2) HS-815BB sail servos tied to a 4 servo controller i am suppling the servos with a seperate 5 volt power source. I downloaded phidget21 and i can make the servos move using the servoful. I am trying to loacte a program call servotester and can no tfind it. To be honest I am not sure i installed the software correctly. Anybody have any ideas

Thanks,
mark

Alex
02-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Where did you find a reference to the servotester program?

With the new Phidget21 libraries, the servo example executables (not the code) are included with the MSI. When you have your Phidget Controller plugged in and your Phidget Manager is running*, double click on the Phidget Manager icon. With the new form up, you should see your Phidget displayed in the list. Double click on your device in the list and viola. The test application comes up:) I believe these example apps are all written in C# and the code is available in Phidgets' Download Section (http://www.phidgets.com/downloads_sections.php)

* little Ph icon in bottom right hand System Tray. If this is not there run Program Files -> Phidgets -> Phidgets21Manager.

mterm
02-04-2008, 06:05 AM
Alex,
I think I get it now Thanks for the help.

Mark

Alex
02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey Mark,

What I meant by where did you find a reference to the servotester program, was that we (back when we were Phidgets USA) created an app called servotester. So, I was wondering if you found a reference to a program called servotester on a web page or in some document or something. I wanted to make sure everything was updated correctly because we no longer have that application.

I'm glad you figured it out though. If you do happen to run into any questions at all, just post about it.

I'm more than happy to help ya out:)

- Alex

mterm
02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Alex,
I found the servotester referance in a guild to building autothrottles by Ron Howard. I will email the guide to you.

Mark

Alex
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks Mark. I actually know exactly which guide you're talking about:)

That guide is referring to the servotester program that we wrote about 2-3 years ago. Unfortunately that program is no longer available though. I'd recommend asking mycockpit.org (in the Phidgets forums) about it. One of those guys might have it still.