PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

jbfmotos
04-21-2016, 12:42 PM
hello
I'm a mechanic who repair motor bike and everything ,i'm french sorry for my english.
I make a big 3d printer size (700 X 300 X 300 mm) for printing plastic parts for motorbike and others.
And now i want to learn about robotic and programmation.
I discover this forum and I think they are some brain here .lol
Thank's for all help , i'll can find here.

Deem
04-22-2016, 03:16 AM
Hi !
i'm Deem , 15 , from KSA , Student in high school , i read more than anything else , my interest are : programming , electronics , books , video games .

praveshRana
04-25-2016, 04:25 PM
jbfmotos, you rock man, huge respect.
rana.

jbfmotos
04-26-2016, 01:26 AM
thank's but i m a roots man lol

robotprince
04-29-2016, 07:02 AM
Hi,

I am Yogesh. I am a robotics educationist. I work as a trainer in a robotics training institute named JAY Robotics Club (http://www.jayroboticsclub.in) located in Chennai, South India. I finished my Diploma and Bachelors in Robotics Engineering. I have almost 5 years of experience in robotics training. I also have some good interest in designing. I joined trossen robotics to develop and share my robotics knowledge. My students have won many State, National competitions and One International competition. I have done many researches to build robots for education.

Final Words: I love to work with robots all the time.

There's nothing much about me.

Regards,
Yogesh

Cobigelow
05-11-2016, 11:03 AM
My name is Caitlin and I work for an educational toy company called Rokenbok Education. We produce design and engineering toys for kids and schools. I love the work I do which involves trying to get a lot of underserved communities into robotics and STEM in general. I have a MakerBot in my living room and love to make things and tinker. Nice to meet everyone -- I'm excited to be here!

Brooks
05-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Hi!

I'm Brooks. I've been interested in robotics and AI since forever. I recently discovered the various hexapods, and have decided to pursue a layered-processing mobile system based on a hexapod - assuming I don't scare the neighbors too much with it! I develop software for a living and have extensive hardware/firmware/software development experience.

I've long considered "mobile intelligence" to be a sensing + movement + processing layers paradigm. While I plan to start from the bottom up in terms of development, I know that our own movements are a) decide where we want to go, b) decide how to get there, c) decide how to move to get there, and d) coordinate our movements so we don't just twitch in place. If we add in sensors so we don't fall into holes, I believe we can build interesting mobile platforms.

I envision a "stack" of processors, each handling increasingly higher-level functions. I believe the sensing systems will be the hardest part to develop and implement.

So! On with the show!

DangerousThing
05-16-2016, 03:09 AM
I've long considered "mobile intelligence" to be a sensing + movement + processing layers paradigm. While I plan to start from the bottom up in terms of development, I know that our own movements are a) decide where we want to go, b) decide how to get there, c) decide how to move to get there, and d) coordinate our movements so we don't just twitch in place. If we add in sensors so we don't fall into holes, I believe we can build interesting mobile platforms.

I envision a "stack" of processors, each handling increasingly higher-level functions. I believe the sensing systems will be the hardest part to develop and implement.

So! On with the show!

Hi Brooks,

You might want to have two layers of sensor processors. The first is more reflexive and mainly does very little except gets the values of the sensors, checks to see if any are in the danger zone, and otherwise sends it to the next processor in the stack. The second layer does things like trying to make sense of the different sensors, combining them together.

Just a thought.

DangerousThing.

Brooks
05-17-2016, 04:18 AM
My thoughts exactly! I'm thinking about buying an Arbotix Pro to handle additional sensors, and I have a Raspberry Pi floating around that I was thinking of using for the initial slightly-higher-level functions.

I'm getting interested in leveling in uneven terrain, and especially "I've hurt my foot"-style "limping".

And I'm dying to see if there's enough range-of-motion in the legs for the unit to bring itself upright from an up-side-down position...

Alexi
05-20-2016, 04:36 AM
Hi!

Nice to meet you, my name is Alex. I'm very interested in robotics, so I got a HROS-1 :) At the moment I'm struggeling with the programming.. I already figured out how to run the existing framework with the Intel Edison. The ps3demo works, too! Now I would like to write own programs.

_ADAM_
05-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Hi!

Nice to meet you, my name is Alex. I'm very interested in robotics, so I got a HROS-1 :) At the moment I'm struggeling with the programming.. I already figured out how to run the existing framework with the Intel Edison. The ps3demo works, too! Now I would like to write own programs.

Congrats on the HROS1. Start a thread in the Humanoids forum and show us what you are doing.

Ulysse
05-24-2016, 11:37 AM
Hi, I'm Ulysse, from France. I try to buid an autonomous rover called PABLO using motors, sabertooth controller, GPS, odometer ... C # Programming with visual studio.
The goal is to draw large drawings on the beach.
Fun isn't it ?

DonSlaughter
06-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Hi, I'm from Germany 26 years old and study electrical and industrial engineering. My father went to evening school when i was 6 years old in 1995 and needed a PC. At this time i came also in contact with windows 3.11 and 95 and it was very interesting. Over the years i learned more about Computers and Networking and helped friends and family with their IT-Systems.
At the beginning of the last year I bought a Raspberry PI and some Arduino stater Kits to get into the Hardware World. Around June last year i found a GIF of an PhantomX Hexapod in Imgur and I followed the Source to Trossen Robotics. I bought one in October and played around with the given Code, the Phoenix code and mounted a Pixy cam. With my next Projects I might need a bit of help and maybe I can help other too.
Its nice to meet you all.

Yankuss3
07-20-2016, 09:46 AM
Hi, i am Yanku from Armenia. I am 27 years old. Nothing much to say about me. I just become a father last week :)

flying_whale
08-04-2016, 03:36 AM
Hi, I am Raphaël from France, I am a automation/electronics student and I am currently doing a placement in Oslo. :)

MyriadDigits
08-11-2016, 01:29 AM
Hello! I'm someone who's always loved machines and has recently been looking into making a small robot army. :P

powerover
08-12-2016, 01:45 AM
Hi,

I am someone who likes to tinker.

I am a mechanical designer and work with solidworks on a daily basis.

I am a former electronics designer with reasonable experience designing circuit boards.

I had a RC hobby outside work, until my country changed the law and made it very difficult to fly RC quad / hex anymore.. :(

I have some understanding of writing code.

I am here because I have troubles / questions regarding running the Phoenix code on arduino mega with a RC receiver and I would like some help.

I look forward to contribute to the community :)

Kind regards,

powerover

anilkumar15
09-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Hi,
I am working on robotic snow-blower. I will update the group once this project reaches to a decent stage.

Thanks
Anil

gigel
09-08-2016, 05:10 AM
Hi,
I am Gigel from Greece, 25 years old.I am a electronist student.

SnowHead
09-30-2016, 04:28 AM
Hi,

I'm a development manager in a midsize electronic firm in Germany.
Im interested in robotics, 3D-print, programming (C and C++, here (https://github.com/xSnowHeadx/ambi-tv) an example).
At the moment I'm trying for weeks to implement a running ROS with KevinO's hexapod-stack on the RaspberryPi3 for my PhantomX MKIII. Unfortunately without success. There is no chance to find a working HowTo and a consistent ROS-version without unresolvable dependencies. :-(

KevinO
09-30-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm here! Please open a new thread with your questions and I can help get you sorted. :)

KurtEck
09-30-2016, 02:16 PM
As Kevin already mentioned, you should create a thread, which describes your setup and issues you may be having. In this you should describe things like, version of Linux you are using. What version of ROS your are trying...

I have recently built (but not run) Kevin's stack for the PhantomX on Ubuntu 16.04 using ROS Kame. I have done this on an ODroid XU4 as well as a UP board. I also installed several other packages what Kevin mentioned in the Readme file, except to modify for KAME.

What I did was to install the Ubuntu, then followed the ROS instructions, to install ROS. I then created an empty ~catkin_ws/src directory. I then did a git clone into the catkin_ws/src directory...

There were a few problems with Sound play as well as another package missing, which I was able to resolve.

More details up on Kevin's thread: http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?6725-ROS-Hexapod-project-Golem-MX-64-4dof&p=72135#post72135

SnowHead
09-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Thanks for your replys and your offers. I opened a new thread (http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?8148-How-to-install-a-functional-ROS-with-KevinO-s-hexapod_ros-on-a-Raspberry-3).

krikstrahm
10-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Hi, my name is Kirk Strahm.
I have interests in robotics for construction/surveying so thats why I joined.

I don't post much so mostly reading for me.

Thanks

markshav
10-25-2016, 09:58 AM
My name is Mark Shavlik and I am working with Trossen Robotic Arms using C++ and OpenFrameworks (a nice portable c++ lib at http://openframeworks.cc/). My code is open source but its early days. Its at https://github.com/shavmark/myRobotSketch.

Fikkovic
11-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Hi, my name is Fikkovic.

Currently I am studying Computer Science at a University in Japan. Before, I studied Electrical Engineering as undergraduate student.
My hobby (and my research) is robotics. My past works are about designing control system for the Delta robot prototype, legged and wheeled fire fighting robot, line follower robot, etc. Currently, I am working some research that involved a Turtlebot and a Kinect.

Thanks.

11-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone.. Let me introduce myself.
My name is iMage. I'm fresh-graduate of Electrical Engineer and has been studied about humanoid robot ecspecially the gait of biped robot among 3 years. I have been seeing this forum since 1 year ago and starting to interest to be member of TRC. I want to learn more in here.

Currently, I'm freelancer but I have a plan to continue my study to Master Program (I hope I can study at Tokyo Institute of Technology).

This is my final project.

https://youtu.be/kJXuaAmLRsE?list=PLpDB1aopSVa7aPr1kAz-_6oxqbVsWRycn

Thank you.

AviatorLeo
11-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Hello!

My name is Leonardo, 23, and I'm a mechatronic engineer. Right now I'm doing a research master degree in biomechanical engineering at Polytechnique Montreal. I like to learn new things, play with electronics and research. I've always liked robotics and find them really useful for al kinds of things if you know how to do it.

By the way, I'm Mexican.

Wickedb
11-29-2016, 09:02 AM
Hi, my name is Brad, I'm up in Canada. Zero experience with robotics aside from building with lego ev3 for the kids and starting in with building racing drones. Pretty much starting the self education from scratch. Picked up 5 mobility scooter motor/transaxles, a box of controllers, a wheelchair motor set recently with thoughts of an electric go kart for the kids. The oem controllers, can't make heads or tails of them so just picked up a sabertooth dual 32 and ready to get started. I'm thinking the gokart will be a remote control wagon for phase one. Hope to learn lots and also get kids interested in making robots!

ProjectM
12-08-2016, 04:42 AM
Hi, my name is Nathan.

Last year I finished my Bachelor Mechanical Engineering and this year I am working full time with a group of students on an exoskeleton project, which we design and build for paraplegics.

Cheers!

Siddharth
12-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Hello,
My name is Siddharth and I live in New Delhi, India. I am an Instrumentation Engineering student (in final year) and I love robotics a lot. I reached this community searching for the kinematics of Delta robot which I am making right now. This community is really great. Hopefully, soon I will post the progress of my delta robot.
I have also designed some Industrial remote I/O modules as part of my electronics hobby and an internship with a startup company.
I have been designing robots for competitions from past few years and now I am trying to get into serious development work both in electronics and robotics.

sadtab
12-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Hi every body, Im so excited to have a new project using dynamixel actuators which brings me here among you, hese seems really cool, lets do awesome things together

sinhuifasola
12-30-2016, 12:34 AM
hi! fasola here! like to play programming with robots!:o

axi
01-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Hello,
I'm from Spain and I'm amazed with robotics, still a newbie!:cool:

General Grunt
01-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Hey everyone! I'm new to animatronics, but I build puppets and ventriloquist dummies. I know how basic mechanics work, and I'm willing to learn more. I love a challenge! I look forward to meeting you all!

RalphS
01-19-2017, 04:18 AM
Hi,

My name is Ralph from Burgundy, France.
I manage a robotics lab for research and education. All our robots are driven through ROS.
We just purchased some PhantomX Pincher Arms to enhance our fleet of TurtleBot 2.
We are very excited to work with our new devices !!!

grober
01-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm Roberto. I'm PhD candidate in robotics at the TU Berlin, where I'm mainly focused on perception, control and learning.

If it was not enough, when I'm not at work I also enjoy some more robotics, but I'm a simple/smaller scale, with my recently acquired robotis mini (formerly Darwin mini).

See you!!

Shilpaj
01-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Hello!
Myself Shilpaj from Pune, India.
I am an undergrad student and Robotics enthusiast. Read some of the topics are they are really helpful.

kap20
02-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Hi guys

My name is Kim Almind Pedersen, I live in Denmark. I have been building robots since i was 17, first in my free time, and later all so at my work as engineer.
My english is not the best so please be patient with me :-)

crashradius
02-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Greetings
I am James Courtney I'm from California. I'm a retired carpenter and a lifelong tinkerer. Hobbies are R/C multirotors, rock crawlers, airplanes, boats, robotic assemblies of all kinds.... I have a whole new resource. Thanks Crash

gkyuchukov
02-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Hi guys

My name is Georgi. I am a mad scientist from Bulgaria who loves to play with artificial intelligence and robots. Well, right now the mad(dreamer) part is more active than the scientific one, but hopefully in time the balance will shift ^_^. I am quite good with all kinds of programming (except for User Interface, I cannot make something look pretty even if my life depends on it) and ... not so good with hardware (to be honest I suck with hardware ). My dream is to make the robots walk among us just as if they are ordinary people.

Adrianfu
02-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Stumbled on this site looking for a solution to a problem I am having with an Arduino project. I am a retired welder/fabricator and have an associate diploma of Electrical Engineering. Worked for awhile as a lab tech and then teaching at TAFE. I have had an interest in electronics since I was 6-7 and discovered Arduino and RaspberryPi a few years ago.

Adrian

racer-x
02-15-2017, 08:00 AM
Hi, my name is Jack and I am a roboholic. Currently residing in sunny Orlando. I do AI stuff for a small company for my day job and I have been building autonomous robots on my free time for about a decade now. My current interest is in evolutionary algorithms to learn complex hexapod gait initially on ROS using Gazebo and then with PhantomX-18. Although my 12 year old son greatly enjoys the robots, to my dismay the dog, cats and wife seem to treat my autonomous agents with disdain.

iamadrian
02-18-2017, 03:56 AM
Hello guys,

My name is Adrian, i am curently a student in Advanced Mechatronics at UPB Romania. I am pasionate of cars and cars electronics, besides that, i work on a project for a 3DOF parallel robot at my univesity.

yaling102
03-06-2017, 02:37 AM
Hello guys:
I will study about robot and enjoy the new field.
Thanks!

lyerit
03-13-2017, 04:14 AM
Hey!

My name is Pali, and by title I go as an automation engineer at the workplaces I had so far. I met robotics in-depth at Uni, I was studying computer sciences, but solely coding felt a little bit dull for me, therefore I ended up with minoring in robotic engineering. My first real challenge was when I was hired by the current company I work in Germany for, they asked me to build a complete robot for automated testing (project intro WIP!). It was also here where I met the Dynamixel series, that's basically how I ended up on this forum.

Regardless of what I said previously, I'm somewhat familiar with multiple programming languages (first 3 prefs in order: C#, Java, Python), I also learned the basics of designing 3D printable objects with this company (they had a 3D printer, and offered me unlimited access so I can create custom components for the robot), the most experience I have is in web automation, but I feel more comfortable with robotics.

My favourite pastime activities are including (but not limited to): paragliding (this includes hiking and traveling a lot too), board games, video games, reading, and learning about mythologies behind religions.

I'm looking forward to grow here with the Trossen community :)
Cheers

poxtius
03-15-2017, 07:16 AM
Hello!!!

My name is Josema, I'm a teacher of maintenance electronics in a vocational schooll. I'm enrolling in a project with teacher's from other schooll. Our project is a colaborative arm and I am trying to learn about Pypose and that's why I signed up for this forum.

I'm looking forward to learn much here with the Trossen community.
Thank you very much.

Morpheus
03-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Hello...My name is Morpheus, I work for Apple as a Genius in California. For me, robotics is a real passion. My goal in joining this forum is to meet and discuss robotics with like minded individuals. I have not purchased but plan to buy a humanoid robot. Not sure which one (maybe the forum can offer their advice) but I am thinking the HR-0S1 or the Robotis-OP2. But would like the advice of others in the community. Thanks and I look forward to our chats.

RoboChris
04-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Hello Guys. Chris here and even if i havent gone to school to learn about AI and robotics its one of my hobbies. Here to both learn and be amazed about what people can put together :)

low4own
04-28-2017, 04:45 AM
Hello All. My name is Robert, I'm in my late 40's and I love to build things. My first robot was a Lynxmotion Phoenix. Since then I have been involved with everything from drones to 3D printing. I really enjoy the hardware side of building things.....but I need to dedicate more time to the software side of things. Normally I just modify existing code to fit my needs, but now I'm wanting to write all the code for my Phantom MKIII. I look forward to that challenge, and the knowledge to be gained within this forum will really help.

Lynlimer
06-11-2017, 05:28 PM
My name is Emil, from Trondheim Norway, 35 years old.
Work as a orthopedic technician, with prosthetic feets as speciality.
Been making robots since I was a kid. It all started with technoLego :)
I`ve just bought the PhantomX hexapod kit, and I`m pretty exited! :)
Got some dyslexia, so please dont kill me grammar nazis :P

antonio
06-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Hi,
My name is Antonio Clinton, I am from Australia, I am good at analysis, with a strong sense of cooperation. In my spare time, I like to read books regarding how to be myself and how to deal with problems. Music and movies are my favorite entertainments. As for my sport interest, I could not deny my greatest interest is football.

NoisyIce
07-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Kent, in the Seattle, WA area, long time software developer, some embedded/fpga experience, but new to robotics. My initial goal is to use a PC->USB2AX to interface with a set of AX servos with custom software to gain a deep understanding of the protocol and servo operations. My first robot project will most likely be a basic two wheel self-balancing using two AX12W servos. Then other balancing type projects (e.g, ball on a plate, etc). Later on, a hexapod with all custom software.

dstr
07-23-2017, 03:11 PM
Hello,

My name is Darko, I'm from Maribor, Slovenia.
I'm an electrical engineer. In free time I like to build small simple robots.

Gharad
08-03-2017, 02:27 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to motion control, and robotics in general, but have a good amount of study in software development.

See you around!

agha
08-04-2017, 04:34 AM
Hey
i'm new to robotic and like to know more ! this forum sounds cool :rolleyes:

Jim
08-21-2017, 10:43 PM
Working to build a Delta robot to dispense candy to kids at Halloween.

ArtyTrost
08-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Hello everyone,

Greetings

My name is Christian Menzel, I'm an IT technician for ABN IT firm based in Berlin, Germany since 4 years. I have been building some of relay clock as my first programming.

Many Thanks.

torne
09-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Bonjour a tous
Je m'appelle philippe je vie dans le centre de la france.52 ans marié un enfant.
Votre site est très intéressant pour moi voiture je suis passionné de robotique.
Je possédez un kit bioloid et je suis la recherche de tous ceux qui peuvent m'aider à progressé.:content:

DinaSmalls
09-09-2017, 04:22 AM
Hi, I am Dina :)

RAY48861
09-09-2017, 12:23 PM
My name is ray I have been into computers for about 40 years and started with the KIM 1 BOARD 6502 processor I have a associates degree in electronics along with hydraulics electrical controls HVAC sheet metal aircraft repair and construction I have been working with
3 different types of homemade miniature hydraulic control valves and have been using air cylinders for hydraulic cylinders. I have also been
using wind shield motors for hydraulic motors with some success I would like to share some designs of the valves if anyone is interested.

lupacexi
09-28-2017, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone

I'm new to robotic and like to know more !

zsazsa
10-13-2017, 09:56 AM
hy. i'm zsazsa.. interest in electronics and know i want to learn about robotic.
thanks..

maximusPrime
10-13-2017, 11:35 AM
Re: Introduce yourself!
Hi all
I'm Max , I'm German, mechanical engineer student and I love robotics stuff
For my master thesis i'm going to build kind of a delta robot (the reason I got here) for a laser application.

hope to have some serius update soon
Max

HotRodTractor
10-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Jason and I found this interesting place while searching out an idea that I came up with over lunch with a friend one day. Like all ideas (even good ones) its been done in some form before. I'm a mechanical engineer with a farm boy background working in industrial automation (playing with big robots). I just enough electronics knowledge to get me into some really deep trouble - so I'll be entertaining along the way to building and learning about robot walking, gaits, ROS, and any number of other things I have yet to figure out. Thanks for having me!

Jason Hoffman

urko_18
11-07-2017, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone!!

My name is Urko, I´m spanish, student of renewable energies.
For my final work in the university I have to achieve the control of a robotic arm and I would like to take more knowledge about robots.
Thanks!

olujuwonj
11-19-2017, 08:50 AM
Jacob is my name, a Nigerian and a graduate of geology, I suddenly fell in love with embedded systems and am willing to acquire knowledge to any length, I am currently working on serial communication, where I interface some app with some hardware... I will appreciate any mentor if there is one out there, and I am willing to assist anyone out with any assignment...

I look forward to getting a lot of information here. I am really glad to be. thanks to everyone on this platform.

misk0
11-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Hi,
I'm Misko, I live in Switzerland. I'm software engineer who is trying to build hexapod. I have a lot of ideas but I'm stuck on some, probably, basic stuff. All this robotic stuff is new for me and I'm looking to learn new stuff and have a fun.

cheers

maxmaximum
12-03-2017, 03:01 PM
hey forum geeks i am max from holland. i like to build autonumous robots and make use of smart cam's like roborealm i work with apple and pc windows linux. i hope to share a lot with you and make nice video's of my works, very hapy to find this forum auf wiedersnitschel

zhanginou
12-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I'm Victor, currently pursuing graduate studies in mechatronics. I've been introduced to Trossen Robotics this September through its servos Dynamixel AX-12a, for a quadruped robot project I am currently still working on. The goal of the project is to produce a bio-inspired four legged robot (gait generation, gait switching, compliance).

I am very excited to interact in the forums with other robotics aficionados!

Victor

pramilo
12-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Hi all,

My name is Pedro. I've worked with Robotis systems for many years now and do a significant amount of both embedded programming (for integration into Dynamixel systems) as well as high level programming using their SDK and sometimes custom software.

My intent is to share my knowledge and also learn some more from the members of the community.

Best,
Pedro

TooBarFoo
12-26-2017, 04:44 AM
Hi Everyone, My name is Stuart. I have around 25 years working on *nix maintaining large distributed systems.I have been building and flying RC aircraft for 10 years but have been benched for a while due to loosing my legs in a accident. In order to reactivate my idle brain and introduce my sons to robotics and learn more detailed coding along side them I have invested in a phantom X hexapod mark 3 kit with AX-12s. I was also recently gifted a Intel Realsence robotic development kit (r200). My hopes are to start just getting the as yet unnamed hex up and running with phoenix code. Then move to the up board and slowly add autonomy and mapping feeding me back video and two way voice. I have read through many of the threads on this site and hope to make use of some the great work shared by many people on this site. I am sure I will be leaning on the generosity of many for advice and help as the project progresses. So a big thanks for all the great stuff shared in the past without which I would not have been even been able to consider walking down this road.

Greyhawk
01-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Hi guys.

My name is Terry. My father, Gary, was a member of this forum up until he passed-away last year (09Jan17). I'm not sure what username he went by, but it might have been gdubb or something along those lines...

I know he spent quite a bit of time on these forums and he enjoyed every minute of it.

While I do have an electromechanical degree (AAS), I don't have nearly the amount of knowledge or experience he had, but I wanted to join the Trossen forum so I could get to know the people who knew him.

Unfortunately, sometime before he died, he dismantled all of his robots. I have bits and pieces of Maggot, Botfly, and Bheka lying around here, but that's all...

I would like to pick up this hobby, but a lot of things have changed since I got my degree and I'm not sure where to start. I've been playing around with Arduino boards but haven't done anything significant with them yet. I'm thinking more along the lines of aerial drones, but I might try to revive the "tank" project he was working on before he got too sick to do anything.

Thanks for giving my dad someplace where he could go and be with like-minded people. It meant a lot to him.

KevinO
01-16-2018, 11:59 AM
His user name was gdubb2. So sorry to hear.

Greyhawk
01-17-2018, 12:40 PM
His user name was gdubb2. So sorry to hear.

Thank you.

cod65
01-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Hi, name is ChrisO. I've been in television and film production for years, live events and music, programming in TouchDesigner and Python and trying to wrestle dynamixels into my repertoire. Intersted in animatronics, stop motion and related effects.
c.o'd

jarkman
02-19-2018, 02:40 AM
Hi, Richard here. I work in mobile & embedded software, with excursions into robotics with http://rustysquid.org.uk/ and Bristol Maritime Robotics.

Just having my first venture into Dynamixels, starting with a Pincher arm as a testbed.

darkthoughts82
03-22-2018, 08:59 AM
Hey all im John (Darkthoughts82)

Im an IT manager for an aerial drone survey company in the morning, an electronics enthusiast in the afternoon and a lead guitarist in a bluegrass/hellbilly band in the evening.

Its a varied and enjoyable life. :)

Wireline
05-17-2018, 02:50 PM
Hello

My name is Ross and I am studying to switch careers from mechanical to robotics on the online Udacity Robotics Nanodegree. I have been learning python, c++, electronics, CAD, 3d printing and machining, and recently invested in a mill and lathe. I am putting together a portfolio of work to aid in landing a junior position in the robotics industry, which brings me to this forum :) I am researching a quadruped robot because it will bring together the skills I have been learning in design, kinematics and localization and mapping.

Just some pics to liven the post up a bit .... lathe moving in:

https://i.imgur.com/z8bvpYc.jpg?2
https://imgur.com/z8bvpYc

Mill waiting to be installed:

https://i.imgur.com/0aRxbzC.jpg?3
https://imgur.com/0aRxbzC

:tongue:

nkvarghe
05-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Hello,

My name is nikhil. I am currently doing a project for grad studies that involves building a 3D printed delta robot. Since I am in charge of the programming of said robot, I researched into the kinematics of a delta robot and found a tutorial (along with the code) on this website. However I had a couple of questions regarding the code so I registered to become a member but I can't seem to post a question on the tutorial thread because it says I don't have permission to access the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

FYI this is the tutorial http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/tutorials/newreply.php?e=3276

fsk
06-08-2018, 04:37 AM
hello, my name is boštjan. i am a media artist. i came here because of the delta robot tutorial. i am working on a MIDI controller based on it. you can see what i do at bostjancadez.art. its currently only in slovene but will be translated soon (there are images though).

sdfgeoff
06-12-2018, 05:28 AM
Hi. I'm Geoff, known on the internet as sdfgeoff. My hobbies over the past years have included programming computer games and building robots.
My robotics projects in the past have ranged from a robot that fits in a 5cm cube, to a 1-meter cubic behemoth that weighed upwards of 150kg and toted a 9kg gas cylinder and bird-scaring gas-gun. It was also effective at scaring people, and was robust enough to ride.
I often write mini 'computer games' to simulate the robot. Having a simulation environment really helps make debugging easier and less costly.

Anyway, I'm joining this forum because I have started planning a mech-warfare bot, and need your guys advice....

charlie
06-23-2018, 08:17 AM
Hello folks.

I'm Charlie and I'm a magician from Sweden working a lot with technology and have a huge interest in robotics.

https://youtu.be/nG5_M44-Uic

I have worked a lot with dynamixels and feel I really understand them so hopefully I'll be able to contribute on things relating to that. My understanding of electronics comes from just playing with it for a couple of years so it is very lacking, but I have a background as a games programmer from the turn of the millenn

I am currently working on a full evening show about robots and AI premiering in about 5 weeks so currently I'm running around like a mad person working 12 hour days. Here is a little teaser shot quickly in my workshop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SRkNP5XJIY

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/blob:http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/c82e739f-242c-4fb9-ae3f-20847802d894

david4121
08-01-2018, 08:56 AM
My name is David and I am a mechanical engineer from USA

ade
08-31-2018, 04:15 AM
Hey everyone,

my name is Michael and I am from Germany. I am working for an engineering office for automation in the production area. We are doing a lot of retro-fit but also robotics. The last project was to built an off-the-shelf robot and its control.
In my research, I found this forum. The threat about transformation in this forum was very usefull (thanks very much).
I hope I can give back some help.
Have a great day

Deezal
09-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Deezal and I am so excited to be on this forum! I am an aspiring electrical and electronics engineer

A.XAVIER
09-28-2018, 05:10 AM
Thanks for adding me to this prestigious group. My good name A.Xavier reni prasad. I am doing my ME mechatronics in MADRAS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,CHENNAI,INDIA. Pursuing my project in delta robot design. this site is very useful in my work progress. this is eye opening for me.

RoversRob
10-17-2018, 05:01 AM
Hey guys.

Name's Rob, and I know absolutely nothing about robotics! About the only background I have in electronics is a few years experience in repairing games consoles, during which time (thanks to one of the main problems the PS3 console had with its GPU) I learned to reball chips.

I've been looking to build an idea I've had in my head for a long time now, but was stopped by the lack of knowledge I have. Decided to finally put it into motion and seek out help online, so I'm looking forward to getting involved here :)

Machinist
10-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone, Am Machinist. Am currently building a tribrid (a pcb miller, a 3d printer and laser etching machine combined) :) ikr. Am building this from e-waste materials. (i believe nothing is waste, and also everything can be reused.). I'll appreciate every

SuperDave42
11-29-2018, 03:21 PM
Hello, My name is Dave Cook, I'm a Mechanical Design engineer from Morgan Hill CA.
My hobbies include RC helicopters/planes, vehicles. I used to design drones before China took over. I remember being so amazed when I saw the original Phoenix hex project many years ago. I've always loved robotics.
I'm a super DIY maker guy, designed and built my own 3d printers, CO2 laser cutter, CNC router etc (typical maker stuff right ?)
I can load Arduino code, change a little of it etc. I have no idea how to code form scratch, Coding just never made any sense to me. I can unserstand a lot of the concepts but the syntax is WHACK ! lol my specialties are 3D modelling and photo rendering, mechanical design, system design.

I have a 12 year old son that is recently interested in robots and just started with a after school robotics club building Lego Mindstorm stuff.

I decided the buy the PhantomX Metal kit from Trossen so that him and I could learn to code together. It's a neat piece of kit, but right away I redesigned and 3d printed new femur and tibia, and relocated the femur actuator to be attached to the Coxa with a similar mount as Matt B, that instantly made everything go wonky lol, so troubleshooting that issue my son and I learned that by doing the modification we mechanically reversed the actuator lol.

So him and I flew threw the code looking for a way to reverse the femur actuators lol. That was fun, we finally found where to make the change by reversing the "-" and adding the "-" to the proper femur range controls. did the Hex Test code and it worked great.
That totally gave us a motivation boost.

we are interested in dynamic terrain adaptation, smooth gait transition, Lidar, etc.

Basically what the MXPhoenix is now able to do off road and on the stairs. So cool !

For the next step we will integrate the Pixy2 cam and try our Eric Lelly's code. He suggested to me last week that for now, instead of editing the robot code, to modify the commander coder, and use sensors to replicate the commander and have that control the bot until we learn some more concepts. that seems to make sense.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. This is all really cool stuff and very difficult for me. but it's exciting. I really need to end up learning how to code so I can close the loop on all my DIY projects that I rely on external coding help with lol.

below is a picture of Dark-Matter-SIX DMS

quarkburger
12-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Hi, I'm Tom

I'm a c++ graphics & simulation developer and my hobbies include quadcopter assembly and flying. Here's what happens when a CGI guy flies quadcopters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0w7bpPCSxs

I've always been interested in robotics and I saw the PhantomX hexapod. I knew I would have to try that out. While I'm accumulating parts for it I thought it would be fun to develop a simulator and have programmed a walking hexapod within a simulation.

kautza
12-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Hello, I'm Arthur

I am a college student interested in robotics. I am building a quadruped now and hope to enter it into Mech Warfare when it is ready.

AlainBo
12-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Hello,

My name is Alain, I live and work in a small company in Valence, south east of France as Embedded software engineer. I also made Electronic and Software R&D in a previous life and I recently discovered this forum by curiousity about robots.
No doubt I'll find very interesting infos around.

Alain.

Billp
01-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Hello, my name is Bill Poplaski, I have no experience with robotics I done a lot of electrical stuff. I would like to build a remote controlled lawnmower. Who know were that will lead me to? I’m retired and have woodworking as my primary hobby.

tranz3r
01-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Hi! Mi name is Victor German Calan Uc, i have 31 years old, i´m from Mexico and actually study a master degree. I love robotics.

Daisuke71
01-19-2019, 05:36 PM
Hello everyone!
I am Luca, writing from Italy.

Some years ago I decided to try making real a dream I had as a kid, obviously... to build a robot!
All of this begun with a commercial robot named iDroid (one of those that you buy in pieces by post and assemble following the manual), followed some year after by another cute one called Roby.
Putting together some pre-designed piece of hardware is a start, but the interest falls when you realize that the pre-loaded programs of these toys cannot be expanded....

So, I am a total newbie, however... having some experience of coding built up at school a few... some... ok... a lot of years ago (BASIC and COBOL... ugh...), plus some more experience on the job, I decided to give a try to something more "flexible".
Looking around I discovered new things like "smart" servos, microcontrollers, Arduino etc. so recently I begun studying how to code for Arduino, aiming to become able to program the bunch of Dynamixels, frames and other components that will become "my robot"!

I am pretty much sure that following this forum that I joined a few days ago will help me improving my knowledge, and... who knows... possibly one day I will be able also to give back some help!

Thanks for keeping up such an interesting community, and for having read those few lines from me!

MayorKanabe
01-26-2019, 11:28 PM
Hello,

I am Kanabe.

I am working on projects regarding motor driving and am currently having my first experience with Dynamixel.

Hersoft
02-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I'm Otto and want to introduce myself.
I'm into RC-Sailplanes, electronics (teensy 3.x etc.) 3D-printing and CNC-milling.
I like the PhantomX hexapod very much and want to build one.
Mechanics and Dynamixel should pose no problem, but the challenge will be the (A)I of the beast.

I have a lot to read on this Forum, but this is a start.

Regards from Belgium, Otto.

slugbut
02-07-2019, 04:01 AM
Hi All,

A total Newbie, just come out of the womb here!!
I'm a puppet builder in the UK and have recently started to introduce animatronics in my builds, moving eyes, eyelids etc!
I'm comfortable doing this type of work until a really good client asked if he could have moving arms!!
With my limited experience of hobby servos and maestro I realised they wouldnt work and started to look at Dynamixel Servos.

The video that got me hooked was when the guy moved one robotic arm and the other copied the movement! (Voodoo style)
For me to acheive this would be AWESOME!!

So I joined this group hoping that I would find a way within the community :) and for someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks all

kamilhassaan
02-24-2019, 10:15 PM
Hi!

I am a total noob. I recently started learning ROS. I am working on autonomous copters for surveillance. This website seems like a nice place to discuss problems

Jcraig75
04-28-2019, 12:36 AM
Hey Everyone!

I found this forum because it had some photos of a robot I just picked up at auction. It's a PCBOT 914 by White Box Robotics. I've build a few small robots over the years and I thought it would be fun to restore this one. It was the educator bot at the Canadian Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa, Canada. Unfortunately there wasn't much documentation, so anyone out there with any knowledge of these robots would be appreciated. I'm mainly looking for the last updated version of the "Brain" GUI software that was licensed many years ago. Any leads would be great, and I'll be sure to post my results.

All the very best,
Jordan

tician
05-07-2019, 01:09 PM
https://www.manualslib.com/products/White-Box-Pc-Bot-914-3875566.html and http://www.theoldrobots.com/OddsEnds2.html have many manuals, but no software.

th3cak3
05-21-2019, 09:03 AM
Hi,

I'm th3cak3, i come from France and i enjoy making robots and electronics stuff since always !
I came up here to discover and share ! :veryhappy:

Helios-AZ
05-28-2019, 07:19 PM
Hello all,

I just saw the Tested piece on Mech Warfare on YouTube and looked you’ll up.

I am Jay, some years back I was given the handle of Helios by my Sun students and it stuck. I live in southern AZ and work on an integration team as a Systems Engineer. In my free time I fly drones doing mapping stuff. I have been looking for new avenues to learn more tech stuff and this seems right up my ally.

I have tons of RC/FPV gear and raspberry pi’s laying around. Might as well put them to use.

One of the first things I want to dive into is the scoring panels and server.

Thanks again for accepting my request.

Helios-AZ

jwatte
05-29-2019, 01:41 AM
Helios -- check out the Mech Warfare forum, it has some good threads.

jeremy
05-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Hello,

I'm jeremy, and I also found this forum through the Tested video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvpGmiR5HnA) on Mech Warfare. I have a background in Mechanical Engineering, and I'm looking for software development / robotics work here in Zurich, Switzerland. This forum will be perfect for learning, sharing, etc.

-jeremy

EZ8-D
05-31-2019, 07:06 AM
Hi Everyone

Im Edwin, and I love to build things. I know a bit of electronics, 3d printing, machines buildings, robotics and programming. I am on a new quest to build a Quadruped robot and I hope I can find some support from you guys in the programming side :D

I have some experience with arduino but I dont use it enough, so everytime I almost need to start from scratch :P

and tips and pointers towards arduino walking robots tutorials are more than welcomend

Cheers

EZ

lcacciatore
06-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Hey,

I've also seen the Tested YouTube video on the Mech Warfare at the San Francisco Makers Faire and after a few clicks wand up here. Looking to learn what it takes to get started and seeing if there are any clubs in the NJ area to learn from.

Len

EZ8-D
06-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Hey Everyone, I do not know if my previous message got lost, so here I go Again

I am Edwin, I have some experience with electronics, robots and 3d printing. I want to get into mech warefare but first I want to build my first quadruped robot. Eventually I want to build a competitive mech but I am not in a hurry

I am right now printing my own design based on the metabot

I still need to catch up with the programing side, I basically need to learn arduino again

cheers

E

JudgeKronos
06-11-2019, 04:05 AM
Hello Everyone,

This is Serdar from Turkey. I finally registered to the forums.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and a father of a fast growing kid with many questions... I decided it was time to learn coding and electronics as well because what I build just wont do anything without me controlling it. And trying to communicate with other that you can not understand is really hard :) (for both parties)

I have run rc cars for the past 35 years and raced for more than 25 years. I am also an official EFRA (EUROPEAN FEDERATION OF RADIO OPERATED MODEL AUTOMOBILES) time keeper and race director.

I am currently working on couple projects which are;

Line follower Robot (basically something that has wires all over the place. this is helping me learn the code and electronics)
Mini sumo (same idea as the line follower but different sensors and coding)
EggBot - (because it is fun - teaching myself to make machines smart :) and it is fun)
Quad walker 4DOF - Havent done linear and inverse kinematics for 20 years so it is good to remember what you know. (much more complicated and beyond my capabilities at the moment but as time passes I am sure will handle it)

All Projects are at V1 right now so baby steps. For me turning a dc motor using and arduino was "YEEAAAAAAAHHHHH BABY!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". Oh and it was turning the wrong direction :)

Cheers to all

Best regards

Serdar aka JudgeKronos

xinghao
06-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Hi, My name is Xinghao Huang. I am third-year mechanical engineering student in UC Santa Barbara. Thanks for everyone.

robotsRcool
06-29-2019, 01:24 AM
Hello all,

My name is Adam. I am a software developer living in the Seattle, Washington area. I mostly work on microcontroller based embedded systems these days. When it comes to robot builds: I am pretty comfortable with the software side of things, just knowledgable enough to be dangerous with the electronics, and pretty darn weak with the mechanical portions.

I am really trying to dig more into my robotics hobby these days and I am hoping that this forum will give me the inspiration and direction to make that happen :happy:

Recently I have worked on a few hacking projects using toy robots from WowWee:
* MiP ProMini Pack (https://github.com/adamgreen/MiP_ProMini-Pack) - This project includes my redesign of a PCB originally created by Sparkfun and an Arduino library (created by me and other members of the MiP hacking community) to let people write custom AVR programs for their WowWee MiP self-balancing robot.
* CHiP robotic dog hacks (https://github.com/adamgreen/CHiP) - These hacks include figuring out WowWee's BLE protocol to control the CHiP (https://github.com/adamgreen/CHiP/blob/master/CHiP-BLE-Protocol.md) and then implementing a C API for macOS (https://github.com/adamgreen/CHiP-Capi#readme) as a proof of concept. I hope to do some more hacking on this cool robotic toy dog in the future.

One of the robot projects I hope to work on in the near future:
* A Sawppy Rover (https://github.com/Roger-random/Sawppy_Rover) build - Sawppy was inspired by JPL's Open Source Rover (https://opensourcerover.jpl.nasa.gov) project which was itself inspired by the Curiosity Rover already up on Mars. I would like to use this as a base for a bot to compete in the outdoor SRS Robo-Magellan (https://robothon.org/rules-robo-magellan/) navigation competition.

deanpegal
07-01-2019, 01:40 AM
Hello Everyone, I'm Dean and I'm new here. Nice to meet you all.

EdZachery
07-01-2019, 02:14 PM
Hello, I am not new to robotics but it has been a decade or so since I have been active.
I am looking forward to learning from folks on the forum and hopefully I can be helpful to someone along the way.
Ed

emofes
07-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm Emory. I used to do some robotics in high school and college but have been more in rc cars, multicopters, etc. for the past few years. I live near Houston and work as a mechanical engineer designing machine tools.

jcarlos
07-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Hi from the Tropic of Cancer! I am from Spain - Canary Islands. Yes, yes. Sorry for my English! So far the robots have arrived.

I have a long experience with LEGO MindStorms Education Kit NXT and EV3 for educational purposes. :-) In recent years i've done python programming in EV3 thanks to the magnificent ev3dev. However, I am here due to Robotis Dynamixel. :-P I am starting with them and i need help. Much help i suspect.

Thank you for this forum!!

JC