PDA

View Full Version : Still Confused With 4 Servo Controller

mterm
02-08-2008, 06:50 AM
I am new to using this product and confused with how to set up the 4 servo controller with (2) hitech 815BB servos. The wiring is not the issue I am using a separate power supply for the servos. The problem is I am not sure that I have properly downloaded the software and installed everything I needed to. I down loaded phidget21.msi and installed it but I did not download any of the choices in step 2 because I was not sure what language to choose. I can get phidget21 to run, the PH in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and I can get the servoful tab and use the slider to control the servos. But is that all the control I should have. Is there something that allows me to control the speed at which the servo travels. IF anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Mark:confused:

Alex
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey Mark,

You cannot control the speed on the servos with the Phidget 4-motor servo controller.

As far as which programming language to choose it's really up to you and what you're comfortable with. Do you have any programming experience at all? If so, in what languages?

Personally, I'd recommend going with C# mainly because 1) it's easy to learn and use and 2) all of the Phidget documentation sheets have code snippet examples in C#.

You can download C# Express at the following link:
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vcsharp/Default.aspx

Since you're using the 815BB's, be sure to cut the power line on the cable going to the board.