PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider

jrowe47
02-18-2008, 03:06 AM
Knight Rider had an interesting lab... there were some bumper bugs, a hexapod, and some nifty robot simulations going on in the KITT lab. Definitely got a kick out of that :)

Anyone else catch the premiere?

MYKL
02-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Yes,

I was suprised at what they used to make that lab look 'tech'.

The Hex was fun though. It even did a little 'attack' move. And there was a shelf with a hundred bumbley bots too. The car is pretty cool but its voice is ho hum IMHO. I do like the scientests daughter... I thought the lezbian agent was kind of a wierd addition to the show. I guess you've gotta fill time somehow. I don't think I'll be watching the show again. Unless its after the next finale of American Gladiators...

Alex
02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
I only caught the last forty minutes of the premiere.

I didn't see the KITT lab, but I did see a little of KITT in action. It was overall pretty cool to watch. I'm not a big fan of the Hoff-man, but I was when he was in the original Knight Rider, so I was pretty excited to see that they tied him into the storyline. I loved the part when the SUV slammed into KITT and got crushed without a scratch on KITT.

Overall, I'd give it a B, not a Heroes, 24, or The Shield (my favorites), but still pretty cool and fun enough to watch more episodes. Definitely cooler than Bionic Woman.

Anybody catch Terminator, The Sarah Conner Chronicles yet?

darkback2
02-18-2008, 11:42 AM
I've really been enjoying the sarah connor chronicles. I also enjoyed Night Rider...but I can't say I loved it. It seamed like they were trying too hard to make it a new edgy night rider as opposed to the old campy version. For example...in the first what 15 minutes:

Lesbians

Threesome

Main character addicted to gambling

My wife and I loved it.

Oh...and I worked as a PA for a while. I worked on a "high tech" music video. They basically sent a bunch of us to bestbuy and the like with a couple of grand and said buy stuff that looks "high tech". Unfortunately very little thought goes into most of this stuff. The also had me...the guy with the recording background make lights flash on the mixer. It had nothing to do with anything.

Alex
02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
glad to know I didn't miss much in those first 15 minutes, thanks darkback2!

Looks like I started watching it just in time:D It was only an hour long right?

DresnerRobotics
02-18-2008, 12:59 PM
I hear there was a Lynxmotion J5 and Hexapod featured in the lab. I didn't bother watching it, I have a deep hatred for all things involving Hasselhoff. If you look up "Blowhard Douchebag" in the dictionary, you'll find his bio.

Funny story:
I hate him so much that I started the practice of "Hasselhoffing" computers that are left unlocked by my unsuspecting coworkers. Nothing like coming back from lunch to a wallpaper of "The Naked Hoff + Puppies" on your screen. This practice unfortunately became viral (though I have never been Hoffed, I'm a Windows Key + L junkie) and one of my coworkers tried to Hoff someone... who had a clients domain controller up on an RDP session. We got a call the next day asking why a half nude Hoff had been chosen for their servers background, and thus the practice of Hasselhoffing was banned at my work.

I did catch the first 2 episodes of the Sarah Conner Chronicles, however I keep forgetting to watch it. I'll probably wait for the season to hit DVD and snag it.

darkback2
02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
It was two hours long...but the first hour didnt make much sense.