PDA

View Full Version : [Interesting] Roadside cameras that detect BLOOD will catch lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes

Matt
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
I thought this was cool

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=517849&in_page_id=1770

Motorists will be targeted by a new generation of road cameras which work out how many people are in a car by measuring the amount of bodily fluid it contains.

The latest snooping device on the nation's roads aims to penalize lone drivers who abuse car-sharing lanes, and is part of a Government effort to combat congestion at busy times.

The cameras work by sending an infrared beam through the windscreen of vehicles which detects the unique make-up of blood and water content in human skin.

---
Sounds like the technology could have military uses as well.

DresnerRobotics
02-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Man, this is going to spoil my carpool lane exploitation for sure!

Pretty cool stuff though, I wonder if it'll be fully automated though, like the speeding/redlight cameras?

archcvd
04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
One step closer to easy meatbag identification!

Adrenalynn
04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
So just start using dead porcine (I almost wrote "pigs' - and then thought better of it...) as an analog rather than those yardsale-purchased mannequins.

BTW: What about the four kids in the back of soccer-mom's minivan that are properly attached to their car-seats facing backwards?

This smells as bad as the aforementioned porcine.

DresnerRobotics
04-28-2008, 06:08 PM
One step closer to easy meatbag identification!

Funny, I had the same exact thought when this thread popped back up into the recent list. Obviously this is future tech for our terminators :D

Sienna
04-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Are you kidding? This will be foiled by bags filled with warm water and blood like things. I am sure those pesky meatbags will find a way.