PDA

View Full Version : Electric Wheel chair.

Droid Works
03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
I need a platform for a 40-50 pound robot. I could not find one under $3000. So I figure an electric wheel chair could be hacked much cheaper and hold more weight. My question is does anyone know of a company that makes electric chairs with a reasonable price?

Matt
03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
The Trossen1 can easily hold that weight. A wheel chair could hold hundreds of pounds and I've heard of people using those parts before, so it's a good idea. I don't know any company names directly though.

Droid Works
03-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I Thought the TR1 was rated at 30lbs? But anyways I will be using the TR1 for another project. But I need something like a electric wheel chair because I need a wide base, large wheels, and torque. Also the ability for outdoor use.

Tymtravler
03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Have you checked out ebay, I have seen older ones that went cheap! Your shipping may be more than the cost of the chair.

Tymtravler

Matt
03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I Thought the TR1 was rated at 30lbs?

Rated yes. But you can get away with a whole lot more. We were being very conservative in order to not risk pushing it and having unhappy customers with broken units. People have stood on that chassis in reality though :) (not while driving it mind you, that would be a bit much)

the ebay tip is a good one. I imagine brand new would be pretty expensive.

Droid Works
03-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Basically what it is going to be is a gift for my old unit 10th Mtn C Co 2-14. It is going to be a breaching droid. Most casualties occur getting close enough to the target to breach it. This droid will be used to clear a path and get the soldiers close without risking casualties. The reason I need the torque and the ability to hold close to 50 ponds is the weight of the armor, weapon and uneven ground and traction.

trey3670
03-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I have one I would let go cheap,just not sure how to ship.

Droid Works
03-11-2008, 09:11 AM
What condition is it in? And what model and how old?

darkback2
03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey,

I would be more than happy to design and build a platform for you. I would need to talk to you about what you need it to be able to do, and the dimentions. Gepetto II is working out to be pretty darn strong. I'm using 4 power seat motors. I've ridden a robot made using 2. I'm also using 1" steal square tube.

DB