PDA

View Full Version : Project - JES01

Eric
03-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Project Name: JES01 (will change later)
Project description: Research into improvements of supporting legs for bi-ped and quad-ped robotics
Description: PART 1: Using a combination of pressure sensors, servos, accelerometers and logic in processing, improve upon designs of robotic legs and feet, based upon common elements found in nature. The goal of part 1 is to have a leg system that can independently sustain itself upright and withstand various forces applied against it.
Using mostly Phidgets interfaces and Java for the bulk of the programming.
Notes: looking to soon create a blog do discuss and detail the progress and findings
Wish me luck!
So far, here's the hardware (some if it just came in yesterday!)
http://www.kinzle.com/images/parts1.jpg

Alex
03-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Sounds pretty cool Eric! Do you care to elaborate a bit on how you plan on accomplishing this?

Eric
03-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Using a hair clip, some chewing gum and a 9-volt battery! :tongue:
The details will be released as I run the first set of trials. Even if an idea fails, I find it can be quite useful to a research community to learn from failed attempts. As for this project, I wanted people to know what I am working on. Each day more ideas come flooding in on how to address various problems. Now I need to buy a few more pieces of hardware I need for the first trial. The software has started. This will most likely end up being a 1-2 year project (if things go well)
Details and blogs to follow in the coming weeks and months. :veryhappy:
(perhaps a bi-weekly update at min.)