PDA

View Full Version : Laser Harp Mk III - now with added WiiMote

shobley
03-23-2008, 01:00 AM
I just added a WiiMote as an expression sensor to the harp - now beam sliding works really well.

One day I hope to link the I2C bus of the WiiMote to the arduino, so I can do the same thing without the PC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yta0aJrbOxU

LinuxGuy
04-25-2008, 02:39 AM
One day I hope to link the I2C bus of the WiiMote to the arduino, so I can do the same thing without the PC...
Is the I2C easily accessed on the WiiMote? If so, it should not be difficult to tie it to any microcontroller that has I2C, such as the Arduino.

Your harp is extremely interesting! I love it when somebody like you does stuff like this and turns regular stuff into an extraordinary project such as this.

8-Dale

Dave
04-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Wow, I can't believe this slipped under my radar for a month. :robotsurprised:

It sounds much better than it did with just the light sensors. The pitch bending is very tight. Nice work, Steve.

Dave
04-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Is the I2C easily accessed on the WiiMote? If so, it should not be difficult to tie it to any microcontroller that has I2C, such as the Arduino.

Yep. The port in the back end of the remote has I2C pins. It's how the remote communicates with peripherals like the Nunchuck and whatnot.

Adrenalynn
04-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm playing with the I2C bus on the Wiimote. anyone know where to find that connector other than cannibalization?

4mem8
04-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Shobley: Nice work, I've always been fascinated by the laser harp after seeing Jean Michelle Jarree's harp a few years ago in a TV concert.