PDA

View Full Version : Flexiforce kit help

Eric
03-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey all,
Has anyone used the Flexiforce sensor kit? I've just got one but now I am quite confused:confused:.(but being a newbie at robotics, it's probably a given) If you check out the link, http://www.trossenrobotics.com/flexiforce-25lb-resistive-force-sensor-kit.aspx and see the picture, you will see the flexiforce cable has 3 prongs. The Voltage Divider that comes with the kit has only 2 inputs for the sensor. Anyone use this kit successfully and if so, which prongs go where? I haven't found any answers in the docs yet.
Thanks!
Eric

Alex
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey Eric,

Yep, that's a common confusing question, so no worries;)

If you look closer at the middle prong, you'll see that it doesn't go anywhere (it's not connected to anything inside the plastic). The only thing that I can think of is that it's used for stability purposes, but I'm no expert here. The outside two prongs are what you want to use.

Eric
03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks Alex,
Shortly after posting this, I found that answer after reading the FlexiForce docs again. (but couldn’t post) My caffeine buzz must have worn off the first time I read it. Thanks for the response! It works great!
Eric

Alex
03-26-2008, 08:53 PM
no problem!

Sorry that ya couldn't post. We were in the middle of migrating our site from one server to a new one. Everything should be running much more smoothly now:D There may be a few kinks still to work out though.