PDA

View Full Version : New upcoming browser of microsoft

shaunx
04-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Hello there,
After much silence, Microsoft announced the other day the new name of their upcoming browser.Yup! Looks like "Microsoft Internet Explorer 8" or "IE8". We can wait and see whether it can beat mozilla.

Alex
04-02-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm wondering what Microsoft is planning with IE8 too... I've been an avid fan of Firefox for quite a few years now. It's easy to customize and configure. With IE on the other hand, I still haven't found a comparable "about:config" command (although I haven't looked that hard).

The one and only thing that I didn't like about Firefox in the past is it's ridiculous memory leak issues. I'd often times see my browser eating up like 400+MB of RAM. BUT, these past three weeks I've been using Firefox 3 Beta 4 and this memory issue has really been addressed. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I've had the same browser session running for the past 5-6 days and currently it's only eating 107MB. Plus, it seems to be a bit faster than Firefox 2.x with load times.

So, again, I'm wondering what IE8 will bring to the table.

cmmguy
04-02-2008, 10:18 AM
I think you got spammed....

(I use FIreFox also)

Alex
04-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I think you got spammed....

yep, I've been wondering that too... Time tells all;)

jrowe47
04-04-2008, 03:45 AM
IE8 is a continuance of the IE abomination (any web developer will agree with me.)

Supposedly it's going to be as compliant as firefox, with some new stuff thrown in, but even if it's 100x better than FF or Opera, I'm never again using a M$ web browser. Weeks and weeks of painful fixes and debugging things that seem to only exist to aggravate web developers, even though everything is well formed and designed according to the listed specs for a given doctype.

Yeah, if my hate for microsoft Internet Explorer were a tangible thing, this universe would immediately collapse into a black hole under the weight of my loathing.

Shaunx doesnt speak english natively, all his posts are worded oddly. Unless he's just increasing traffic to the sites in his profile, I think he's probably just posting interesting things he finds on the net.

srobot
04-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Guys - Why can we have MS hate but not Apple hate?

I think we all brought good points to the table in my Apple thread (which is now closed...), and it did not become a flame fight.

Can we reopen it?

--Scotty

srobot
04-05-2008, 07:26 PM
So yeah, I'm also looking forward to Windows 7 (the one after Vista).

I like the Office 2007 look, and find it easyer to use, and faster too.

OpenOffice is the 'free' MS Office, but like a lot of free stuff, well, I find it not as good as the real thing (now uninstalled from my computer).

I think we need to wait 'til we switch over to free software, because the paid software shows them the way, hey that's why Open is based on Office, right?

Navi started the internet, IE brought us into the boom, will FireFox bring us somewhere else?

I can't wait to see what Linux, Microsoft, Apple, Lotus : P, Trossen Robotics, Lego, Intel, AMD, and others bring us! Maybe we'll see new products, new companies, maybe it will come with a new year... Bring it on!

--Scotty