PDA

View Full Version : Bioloid with 2 DOF Waist

JonHylands
04-04-2008, 09:37 AM
A guy over on RoboSavvy posted this video of his Bioloid humanoid with a 2 dof waist. It is pretty amazing, and shows what the Bioloid humanoid is really capable of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssnk5Ztib08

- Jon

Alex
04-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Now we're talking:D Thanks for posting this Jon!

I love videos like this; They show me just how close we're getting to full spinal articulation in humanoid robots. Could you imagine the possibilities of a humanoid with a spine line a human, or even more flexible? Granted if someone uses AX-12's it'll be a HUGE robot. But with all of the feedback capabilities, their higher torque and low cost, the AX-12's are probably the best fit for something like this.

Wingzero01w
04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
wow seeing things like this is really making me have a hard time deciding between a robonova and bioloid... i would love to get them both but i can only get 1 :sad:... bioloid has been getting alot of neat mods lately but robonova keeps coming back to haunt me with the mods that are being done to it also. I guess what im looking for is the best educational and expandable robot of them both.

Matt
04-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Very cool. Soon we will have judo throws going on in competitions. :)

Now what is that song reminding me of????

tom_chang79
04-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Alpha has a Bioloid site on his domain. I don't have the link here with me right now. Has an awesome wallpaper. Should go grab it! I agree, his Bioloid seems pretty capable of looking up at the sky to view an airplane going by... His Bioloid Humanoid is awesome!