PDA

View Full Version : New Robot dog

sthmck
04-21-2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u7aIIUDSQk

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this robot. Its supposed to be released in japan sometime in july. I think it looks like it could be a good starting point for a very cool project. If I have enough money I may get one if it goes on sale in the US. Does anyone have experience with HPI's humanoid robot?

Droid Works
04-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Very Very cool:)

sthmck
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
yeah obviously its no aibo, but it looks like it could be modified rather easily. Should be able to integrate a lot of sensors and stuff on to it. Unlike the humanoids it should be easy to throw stuff on to it without having to worry so much about balance.

Matt
04-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow, those motors are FAST. We would love to carry this.

sthmck
04-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Good I hope you do, because I would love to buy it from you.:veryhappy:

Alex
04-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Holy crap that thing is quick!! Matt... can we get a dog for the office:D I promise I'll feed it.

Adrenalynn
04-22-2008, 05:02 PM
They don't seem very house-broken. That one hiked his leg right there on the table. I suppose it's just 'cause they're new and all.

Better start getting the paper, Alex...

Dave
04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Does anyone have experience with HPI's humanoid robot?
We have the rebranded Futaba version of that humanoid (Futaba RBT-1), and it looks like that dog uses the same servos, which is cool. The humanoid is fast and agile. The RBT-1's weird joint construction is its biggest flaw (It didn't bother me much, and its easy to fix, but others have complained about it), but the dog appears to have solid joints so I guess that won't be an issue.

Also, the motion editor for the RBT-1 is one of the best I've used, so I hope they use the same one with the dog. Anyhow, looks like a pretty cool piece of hardware.

They don't seem very house-broken. That one hiked his leg right there on the table. I suppose it's just 'cause they're new and all.

Better start getting the paper, Alex...

Hahaha. "Screw Aibo! Our robot dog is the best! It can PEE!"

Droid Works
04-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I love its walk very natural looking. These things are going to sell like mad.

Adrenalynn
04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Hahaha. "Screw Aibo! Our robot dog is the best! It can PEE!"

yeah? well... The Aibo comes pre-housebroken. So there!

sthmck
04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
It does have some pretty impressive moves. And I am only counting 2 dof per leg? Does that look right?

crabfu
06-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Just wanted share my experience with this little guy...

I had the opportunity, thanks to Jin Sato, to play around with g-dog first hand at robogames. I am much more impressed with it in person than seeing vids of it. The servos are VERY fast, and with a bit of practice makes it rather fun to control. I really love the feeling of almost direct control, feedback is quick and agile. After a few minutes, I was able to drive it around, and get it to reliably stand up on the back legs/tail with a bit of foward/back motion. The low number of servos hopefully will make the price point low, and I'm really looking forward to seeing g-dog come out on the market!

http://www.robots-dreams.com/2008/06/robogames-200-8.html

-Crabfu
p.s. it was not a fair fight, g dog has more legs.... :)

Adrenalynn
06-28-2008, 03:30 AM
fall for fall, looks like Swash won, although the g-dog was a bit more aggressive. ;)

darkback2
06-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Anyone have the RB-1? Is it an OK robot? I felt sort of bad, I was almost steering people away from it at Robogames, and leading them towards the Bioloid system. I guess a big part of it was aesthetics given that I have never actually seen the RB-1 in motion it might be the most kick butt robot ever.

DB