PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Wheelchair motor help

DB771
01-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Hi guys and gals I'm new to the robot area. I'm attempting to build an IED robot for my reenactment group I've been given 4 wheelchair motors but don't really know anything about them. The only information I have on them (other than they work) are they are invacare model number : 8001414 serial number: 0214 and date code: 200905 and cw / ccw: 110rpm can anyone help fill in the blanks for me such as amps stalling etc as I'm now drawing a blank on information I believe they are 24v as they had the emergency break on the rear that I've removed. Any help would be brilliant

jwatte
01-04-2018, 12:07 AM
The Invacare company doesn't have a service manual or data sheet you can call them and get?
Yeah, most wheelchair like those are often 24V. And if you already removed the brakes, you should be able to just hook 'em up and run time.
I'd expect them to draw up to 150A when stalled (typical for wheelchair motors,) so don't stall them too much.
Clearly, they will draw less if you feed them less voltage. at 12V, they will draw half the current, and thus deliver a quarter the power, but that may be enough for whatever you're doing. People are heavy!