PDA

View Full Version : Promo Video - Need your opinion!!

Droid Works
04-26-2008, 12:42 AM
I made a little web promo video, let me know what you think:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOPkdknV5lg

Alex
04-26-2008, 01:55 PM
post moved into new thread:)

Alex
04-26-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm really diggin the video Droid! There are a lot of good clips in there that will definitely catch educators eyes.

The only thing I would change though is the Iron Man song playing. I'm a huge fan of metal myself, so it's really hard for me to say this, but from a marketing and advertising perspective, it may bit of a turn off for educators. If you were targeting a different audience I'd say go for it! Just not for education.

crabfu
04-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Here is my constructive criticism.... I like it, but would loved to have seen more action. The humanoids are perfect, but the rest left me expecting something more, but it never happened.

In education... it was nice to see the arm and the teaching, but could be improved if there was more going on - i.e. teacher showing the students the arm in action, or working on something.

In the future... there is nothing more powerful the expressions of a child. The clip is rather long, and at no point did I get the full impact of a child working with a robot. I think it would have been a lot more powerful if the camera was focused on the child, to see the light bulb turn on in her FACE would have been priceless. I was expecting the future, instead I viewed the back of her head for longer than my attention could hold... couldn't tell well enough what she was doing either from that camera angle :)

So in general I like the video, but I think some of the parts just didn't keep my attention, so they seemed too long. In an ad, I think you'd need a story, or something full with action packed clips, to keep the viewer constantly interested and wanting more... not waiting. Anyway that's just my 2 cents... all of the kondo clips are very cool! those parts kept me interested in seeing what's next :)

-Crabfu

Droid Works
04-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm working on version 2 I will try to make this next one a little better. This was my first attempt at video...lol Thanks for the advice I will try to incorporate all these points into the next version. Any suggestions for a song?

crabfu
04-26-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm working on version 2 I will try to make this next one a little better. This was my first attempt at video...lol Thanks for the advice I will try to incorporate all these points into the next version. Any suggestions for a song?

Cool, sorry if I came across too strong... being an animator I'm used to giving/receiving critiques, and often forget that sugar coat it :) Anyway I think the video is well done in general, just need to be shortened up, or better attention getter clips!

As far as music track.... like alex said, it's a deeply personal thing - a song can really turn someone on or off, so depends on who your audiences are. I assume it's for potential clients, but I don't know who your client base is, so I don't have suggestions.... I personally like iron man, so that's at least 2 bot nuts who likes it. But... we are not your targets :)

-Crabfu

Eric
04-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey,
You asked for a few comments... here they are...
1. Like they said drop the music... 2 reasons... it's metal (which I dig but not your audience), and it's so copyrighted. Fine for a youtube, sucks for a company because they can (and do) come after companies with things like this.
2. Think short and sweet. Keep your shots short and make each shot meaningful. Ask yourself "Why is this shot here"
3. Focus on your message. Make it explicit what you do and why it matters to the audience.
I got loads more, but I think these are the top 3
Good luck with the vids!
(oh, and no zooms)