View Full Version : [Question(s)] Name this connector...

05-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Anyone identify what this connector is called?


It's 19.446mm long (locking side), 7.55mm wide, the pins are about 6mm wide.

It's a pretty cool keyed/locking electrical connector for a set of fairly large motors. I'd like to figure out what it is and where to find the female connectors for it. It appears the wire feeding it is 10G.

05-11-2008, 02:29 PM
to me, it looks like a bigger version of this connector. http://www.wsdeans.com/products/plugs/ultra_plug.html

We use these sorts of connections in radio control vehicles all the time due to their power throughput and low resistance. They are usually the first choice of people who build fast electric cars/trucks/helicopters.

One of the problems with these connectors is that over time, their spring loadedness loses the pressure it uses to hold together firmly. So you have to replace them after a bit.

That key at the left side of the connector, where it looks like another one of these can be slotted in is a feature that I haven't seen in the Deans style before...I like that idea.


05-11-2008, 03:41 PM

Yeah, similar, but this style has predated Deans by a long bit. I've seen them historically in automotive application. Darned if I can find 'em now though.

I'll keep looking - thanks!

Droid Works
05-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Its a thingamajig with whatchamacallit call it and doohickey....lol

05-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Most likely...

I've found 'em from scooter repair stores, but they look pretty proprietary at this point.

I'm thinking about switching them out for something a bit more standard and screw-locking instead. Maybe locking din-type plugs.