PDA

View Full Version : Help Im new

thenerd
05-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Im tryin 2 build a four legd robot and i dont really no where 2 start, can some 1 please help me

Alex
05-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Do you have any experience in mechanics, electronics and/or programming?

thenerd
05-21-2008, 02:22 AM
no, not realli

tom_chang79
05-22-2008, 02:03 AM
you need to elaborate on your request, what do you require help in? Do you require knowledge of where to start? What kit to start with? Experiences? If you don't have any of these specific questions, my suggestion is to read around the message board, get yourself familiarized with the products that Trossen sells, and then ask more specific questions. Posting a general question will usually be answered by more questions...

Let us know more specifically what you need, we'll all try to help you out to the best we can...

LinuxGuy
05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Im tryin 2 build a four legd robot and i dont really no where 2 start, can some 1 please help me
Have you done any research to find what you might need? Why is it you want to build a four legged robot? What interests you about this type of robot?

Sometimes, it is better to start out with a simple robot and work up. I started out with a pretty simple two wheeled rover kit that cost just $69.95 (without electronics). I learned what I needed to know gradually. Most of what you learn this way can be applied to building many different kinds of robots, including walking robots. You still need to learn how to connect sensors to a microcontroller and process the sensor data. TR sells some wonderful robot packages that would be excellent for learning and getting your feet wet in robotics.

Since you are interested in walking robots, you might want to start out with a small biped and work up. If you use something like Lynxmotion's Servo Erector Set components, everything will be reusable to build any kind of robot you want to build. You can take the robot apart and use the components to build something else. I use the Servo Erector Set extensively in my robot designs.

8-Dale