PDA

View Full Version : Airstoft Turret and Gun

GhengisDhon
01-28-2018, 09:43 PM

Been working on a new gun/turret design. Getting a good functional gun system is often overlooked when building a Mech but we (R-Team) have found its one of the most import things on how well a Mech does in competition.

I've been working on a new/update design with goals of:
Simple/Reliable
Shoots fast (fps)
Shoots fast (Shots/sec)
Self Contained/Portable - so we can used it as a gun installation on buildings or such

The turret Specs:
3D printable (Mostly)
AEG Gearbox with a 3D printable breach for a gun
Dynamixel XL320s for turret motion
Shoots at ~160-170 fps
Shoots ~ 4BBs/sec

I have an AZ system for the turret as well, but not shown in the video.

I'll be testing it out over the next few months leading up to Robogames to see how reliable it really is. Plan to make some build documentation for it as well and will release the 3D files.

GhengisDhon
01-28-2018, 09:43 PM
https://youtu.be/0MxVjCoLpek

jwatte
01-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Sexy!

What barrel and hopup/seal are you using?

GhengisDhon
01-29-2018, 10:15 PM
110mm Angel 304 Ultra Precision Barrel
Matrix AEG hop ups (either the original blue or the red M150-190. Doesn't seem to matter)
Both from Evike

On another matter.. I noticed you had Onyx X up for sale... was so looking forward to seeing/meeting you in the arena again this year. Hope your at least going attend Robogames and stop by Mech Warfare if you get a chance.

jwatte
01-30-2018, 07:38 PM
Yeah, it's a tough choice, but life just doesn't give me the time. And now Tech Shop closed, so I can't even make new parts (other than 3D printing) which was half the fun :-(

I may be able to bring a rover to RoboMagellan, and if so, I'll be sure to check in on you! (And when I win the lottery, hey, I'll be building bots full time :-)