View Full Version : Wow! Go Crabfu!!!

DresnerRobotics
05-27-2008, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/

Check the FIRST video on today's featured videos. You're famous! :D

Adrenalynn
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Holy Guacamole! Grats CrabFu!!!

I screen-shotted it just in case he doesn't get in here in time to see it...

DresnerRobotics
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7354/crabfujs6.jpg

Adrenalynn
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, fine, just be that way. :P ;)

Droid Works
05-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Gratz! Very cool:)

crabfu
05-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks guys!!!!!! yeah wow.... quite an honor!!!!!! if I had known it would get so much attention, I would have made a better video lol! Hits are off the charts now, pretty crazy, riding the hype. A couple of weeks ago swashbot3 video was featured in the science and tech section of youtube, swashbot1 was on engadget, but never expected swashbot1 to hit the main youtube page, holly crap! A little cute character wins over complex tech, it just doesn't get any better than that!

Again thanks! I'm just overwhelmed by it all... this morning I checked my email and got over 1k messages from youtube lol :)

-Crabfu

Zenta
05-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Congratz Crabfu!
Very well done!!

Adrenalynn
05-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Kinda like being Slashdotted, huh?

We all get to say: "We knew him when..."

Oh, btw, toldja the original was the cutest. :P ;)

Matt
05-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh it gets better. Your "I need a job" vid has been on the front page of geekarmy all weekend and they are snagging it from another site of course. (link is broken at the moment, can't see where it's heading to)

Adrenalynn
05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
It appears to be scraped from: http://www.planetvids.com/html/Give-Me-a-Job.html

Wingzero01w
05-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow crabfu your quite the popular one.

Alex
05-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Congrats man!! I can't wait to see these little guys out at RoboGames:)

The comments are hysterical too! What's really cool is that (with a quick scroll) I didn't see too many of the typical troll questions like, "Dude, why didn't you do _________?" I always hated it when shitheads came up to me like that at conferences. I'm totally cool with constructive criticism, but don't be a dick about it.

Alex
05-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Oh it gets better. Your "I need a job" vid has been on the front page of geekarmy all weekend and they are snagging it from another site of course. (link is broken at the moment, can't see where it's heading to)

That was an awesome video btw!

Adrenalynn
05-28-2008, 12:00 PM
"Some people have too much time on their hands". That's the comment that gets me, makes me want to throttle someone. Of course, it isn't generally written in any English you'll find in the dictionary, so please consider that a paraphrase. ;)

Congrats man!! I can't wait to see these little guys out at RoboGames:)

The comments are hysterical too! What's really cool is that (with a quick scroll) I didn't see too many of the typical troll questions like, "Dude, why didn't you do _________?" I always hated it when shitheads came up to me like that at conferences. I'm totally cool with constructive criticism, but don't be a dick about it.

DresnerRobotics
05-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't know what it is about youtube comments, but they seem to ALWAYS be the most unintelligible and retarded posts made on the internet. It pains me to think that its a general census of the world's ability to use proper grammar and spelling.

Adrenalynn
05-28-2008, 01:35 PM
>> think that its a general census

"[...] it's [...]", a contraction of "it is"... Oh, come on, I had to "say" it... ;)

Seriously, though, totally agreed. I can't believe this is the future of humanity, hence the reason I joined Skynet. :D

4mem8
05-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Congrats crabfu, Very well done. Neat project.

crabfu
05-29-2008, 02:04 AM
Lol thanks guys. Well, if you scroll through the 1600 or so comments as of now... you'll see a big mix of comments. Most are good, some are bad... and then there are the truly strange behavior that I just can't quite figure out. I am convinced now that a lot of 13 year old boys comment on youtube, with comments like:

" I think iT'D be cooler if it could fly! (and shoot lasers)"

" put a camera on it, make it silent off to the girls locker room we g0"

" That's not a real robot. That's a computer animation. :)"

and censored here....

"%$*%$, I HATE this piece of $&*#. you're a complete douchebag. #*$&# you, and go shove this robot up your mom's smelly $#$##. $#$#$"

" na just dog [email protected]#@# really
im gonna eat your family"

I'd have to say most of the comments are nice though, and lots of people wanting to buy them etc... but there are some really irrelevant comments, which I don't know if I should have a good laugh, or be really scared for the future of mankind.... I was going to copy some of the good ones here, but after censoring there is just nothing left lol. I try to remove and marked as spam some of the really bad ones, but I just can't keep up. In the time it took me to post this, I've gotten 23 comments in 3 videos....

-Crabfu

4mem8
05-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Yeah, Some people just have no intelligence when it comes to something technical, And i agree that it is probably 13-16 year olds who make these comments.Sad really

Adrenalynn
05-29-2008, 02:28 AM
I'm having it out with one that is at least a WEE bit brighter than most on one of Trossen's videos... He's just anti-pc-robotics, pro-microcontroller, and flat-out refuses to accept there's a time and place for each.

I'll have to audit your comments, CrabFu, and whack a couple of them in the nose with a newspaper too. ;)

Adrenalynn
05-29-2008, 02:40 AM
I managed to bury a few with a couple different accounts. Overall outstanding commentary (I made it through 50%). I go back to my original contention that these are eminently saleable items... :P

crabfu
05-30-2008, 07:03 PM
FYI, build videos are now up on the tutorials section, due to popular demand.... or over flooded email box :)

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=1832

-Crabfu

Alex
05-30-2008, 08:25 PM
agh! that link is only available for beta testers (tutorials);) Next week, I'll open them up for everyone to look at and start adding tutorials. I want to look through everything in the tutorials section first and I gotta do a bunch of backend permission changes and I'm pretty busy this weekend.

crabfu
05-30-2008, 09:02 PM
agh! that link is only available for beta testers (tutorials);) Next week, I'll open them up for everyone to look at and start adding tutorials. I want to look through everything in the tutorials section first and I gotta do a bunch of backend permission changes and I'm pretty busy this weekend.

Oooooooooops, sorry I didn't realize! :)

-Crabfu

rpedro
07-19-2008, 10:34 PM
cool...thanks crabfu...