PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone !

nuggy
06-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey im new to this although i have played around with electronics and robotics for about 8 years, been looking through various threads and projects and i have to say "wow"- there is a heap of neat things going on in here, thats for sure!

Anyway i have finally decided that the bioloid is the next thing for me(it is so cool), but alas im in australia and we dont get access to this sort of kit easily- so my questions are:

does anyone know of distributor or outlet in aust. for the bioloid comprehensive kit or which is the safest, easiest, hassle free method/website to get the bioloid and shipped to aust?

thanks in advance and regards

nug :happy:

DresnerRobotics
06-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Greetings! Always glad to have new people onboard.

I don't know of any AU distributors offhand, and a google search didn't seem to yield much. We have a member 4mem8 that's based out of NZ though, and he recently purchased quite a few items for a new project through a distributor. I'll ask him for more info and perhaps he can chime in here.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask =)

nuggy
06-04-2008, 11:44 PM
hey thanks for that, any information is appreciated, keep me posted if u chat to your friend and is fruitfull

regards

nug

Matt
06-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Tribotix :)
http://www.tribotix.com/Products/Robotis/Bioloid/Bioloid.htm

nuggy
06-05-2008, 12:20 AM
i think we have a winner! thanks matt.

regards

:veryhappy:

4mem8
06-05-2008, 12:33 AM
nuggy:Welcome to this forum, I am pleased that Matt found a site in Australia for you, Less hassle for you and duty plus customs on importing. I quite like this kit and may look at this in the future.

Alex
06-05-2008, 10:48 AM
haha! Whoops (with the PM). I didn't realize Tribotix was in AU:)

Dave
06-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Tribotix is a great site in general. Good source for docs and firmware updates for all things Robotis.