PDA

View Full Version : [Bioloid] I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!

The Doctor
06-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Alright guys. I got the comprehensive bioloid kit last Christmas. I knew I could tackle it having quite a bit of experience in robotics and electronics, but this kit has me completely baffled!

The simple ones are always completely functional but when I built gerwalk, I've been having plenty of problems.

Problem #1: When I play the Demo program for it, it falls over on the floor and begins kicking itself in the head... Not quite sure what the problem is. I've checked all the wiring and the positions of the motors, even the screws. I even downloaded a new version of the Demo program to see if that was the problem, but again, my poor robot became suicidal.

Problem #2: I decide to go into the motion editor program thing to see if I could tweak the positions of the motors a bit just to see what would happen. Every now and then, some of the motors would stop working and their LEDs would turn on.

Problem #3: It's very difficult to find a phone number for tech support! If you find it, please give it to me. :happy: I haven't checked this site yet... hmmm...

anyways....

Have I blown a fuse or something? I've done that before...

Please tell me very specifically exactly what I need to do to solve my problems if you know how to fix them. I'm not very bioloid literate and know absolutely nothing about how to [or how not to] blow a fuse.

I'm very sad because every motile project I've built has tried to kick itself in some form or fashion. I'd really like a successful project, so I need your help.

Thanks!
-The Doctor-

Oh and if you have any cool programs that you have created for the robots, please share! (If you want of course.)

trey3670
06-05-2008, 12:58 AM
sounds like a voltage issue,are you positive the battery is charged?

4mem8
06-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Are any of the servos twitching or jerking when power is first switched on, As this would indicate low power to the servos. Are you charging the batteries with a charger that came with the Bioloid kit? or another type of charger. When you think you have charged the batteries have you a way of checking the charged batteries. Have you removed the program and re-downloaded to your PC? in case of corrupt files. Can you check each individual servo with the motion editor to see if each servo is working Ok. These are just some of the basic things first.

The Doctor
06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for your advice. I'll try it all tonight and let you know what happens.

:)

openmindedjjj
07-08-2008, 01:50 PM
dude the help number is right above your head its at the top of this page its 1-877-898-1005 call this number and they will help you. i just called them and they help me all the time with my bioloid.
i had a simular problem when i just got mine set up. my problem was that i had the servos with the wheel that spins on them turned the wrong way so when it would start up it would fall over.
look at your servo and check to see if the wheel part that spins on it is on top and lined up with the line on top. it talks about in the manual.

Adrenalynn
07-08-2008, 02:05 PM
The community is here to be "the first line of defense" as it were. I don't know that answering nearly every problem with "call the 877 number for Trossen" is really cool as a first answer. I can just imagine poor Alex getting buried under questions that the community can answer.

had a simular problem when i just got mine set up. my problem was that i had the servos with the wheel that spins on them turned the wrong way so when it would start up it would fall over.

See? That's what I'm talking about. If you and everyone else share those nuggets of wisdom first, maybe Alex can take a day off. ;) Thanks for sharing that!

The Doctor
07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks so much. I should take down this post. (= It was actually a power supply problem! (???) Out of all the problems, I did not guess that, but I took out my Dad's meter and sure enough!!

But thanks for your help. (can't believe I didn't see that number before today..)
-The Doctor-

Adrenalynn
07-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for answering back with the solution - and please don't remove it. This is the kind of knowledge base that a community needs to build! Thanks!