PDA

View Full Version : new b! i need help please!! cant get it to work

openmindedjjj
06-19-2008, 04:25 PM
:confused: ok so i just got my bioloid robot and i decided to take it easy and make the crossing gate as my first robot. im the biggest new b ever i have like no experience with robots. anyways so i made it just fine! i swear i triple checked it to make shure it was right and when i tried to download the behavior control onto the cm-5 it worked and said it downloaded just fine but for some reason when i press the u and d button on the cm-5 and try and make it move it dosent.. dose anybody have any ideas. thank you whom ever replys!

DresnerRobotics
06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
What mode do you have your CM-5 set on?

openmindedjjj
06-19-2008, 04:42 PM
i have it set on play

DresnerRobotics
06-19-2008, 05:00 PM
So you set it on play, then hit "Start" and the U and D buttons dont do anything? Does the LED light up when you press U and D?

Make sure batteries are fully charged, and double check your servo cable as well.

openmindedjjj
06-19-2008, 05:15 PM
ya the battery is fully charged and the cable is good as well. this is what happens
i turn on the cm-5 and the power lite turns on and the play light flashes, then i press start, and then the play button goes solid red, then when i press the u button nothing happens but the servo red light turns on and says on until i turn off the cm-5.

DresnerRobotics
06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Make sure you're using the servo with the correct ID.

You can change servo ID's by following the process on Page 195 of the manual, Chapter 3-3.

darkback2
06-20-2008, 01:18 AM
yeah...this all sounds really complicated...I think this is why I'm afraid of a bioloid.

Wingzero01w
06-20-2008, 03:05 AM
Im not afraid of the bioloid, just the CM-5... ive read too many problems with starting it up, thats why im reluctant to save money to buy the bioloid kit. But i do have to admit, the servos are really nice.

DresnerRobotics
06-20-2008, 05:59 AM
I don't even have a Bioloid yet, I just read a good amount about em. I probably wont be using a CM-5 for my project though

LinuxGuy
06-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Im not afraid of the bioloid, just the CM-5... ive read too many problems with starting it up, thats why im reluctant to save money to buy the bioloid kit. But i do have to admit, the servos are really nice.
Did you know you can get the Bioloid Comprehensive Kit Frame Set (http://www.trossenrobotics.com/bioloid-comprehensive-robot-kit-frame-set.aspx) and then just add the Dynamixel Robot Actuator AX-12+ (http://www.trossenrobotics.com/bioloid-dynamixel-ax-12-robot-servo.aspx) servos and other modules as you want/need them? Doing it this way, you don't have to add any parts you don't want. :happy:

8-Dale

JonHylands
06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I've got 3 Bioloid kits sitting around right now, and I've never once used the CM-5...

- Jon

DresnerRobotics
06-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Did you ever get this resolved?

After receiving my own Bioloid Kit, I am pretty sure you have the Check Assembly program loaded rather than the actual demo program.