PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] for all you bioloid users

openmindedjjj
06-28-2008, 03:05 AM
do any of you guys know if you can edit motions allready made bythe motion editor?
i looked in the user guide and it only talks about downloading/uploading to the cm-5 but it talks nothing about editing motions that have allready been saved.. ive been trying to figure it out but i cant seem to get it..

trey3670
06-30-2008, 01:29 AM
yes you can,two ways through the motioneditor program or robot terminal. where are you stuck at?

openmindedjjj
06-30-2008, 01:46 AM
thanks trey ya i found it in motion editor..ya i was stuck on motion editor. because i just got my bioloid and i made a huminoid and uploaded the motions that are pre programed but they dont say how manny motions they have allready made pre programed. so i had to search on motion editor pages 1-100 and see what they have allready done.. sorry not to change subject do you know if the hitec HSR5990 is compatible with the bioloid robot software.
im just thinking ahead for if i ever wanted him to be stronger.

trey3670
06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
not that I know of,you do realize that the bioloid is allready one of the strongest,if not the strongest biped out there?

DresnerRobotics
06-30-2008, 12:24 PM
thanks trey ya i found it in motion editor..ya i was stuck on motion editor. because i just got my bioloid and i made a huminoid and uploaded the motions that are pre programed but they dont say how manny motions they have allready made pre programed. so i had to search on motion editor pages 1-100 and see what they have allready done.. sorry not to change subject do you know if the hitec HSR5990 is compatible with the bioloid robot software.
im just thinking ahead for if i ever wanted him to be stronger.

No they are not. The HSR-5990s use PWM signal.

You would have to stick with Dynamixel servos if you want to keep using the bioloid software, but the higher end ones are using RS485 which the CM-5 doesnt do. So you'd need to upgrade all of your servos to the higher end ones (DX-117s might be the next step up?) and replace your CM-5 with a CM-2, as I don't believe the software supports using both.

On top of that, the brackets for the AX-12s are not compatible with the DX-117s... so you're essentially looking at replacing every single component and building an entirely different robot.

openmindedjjj
06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
ya i know that the servos on the bioloid are one of the strongest... i just wasent shrue how much weight they could hold because im thinking about adding 4 more servoes to my bioloid and i wasent shure if it would put the servos under to much weight or if they would not be able to handle the ammount of torque required to operate a heavier robot.

trey3670
06-30-2008, 01:35 PM
well it depends on what your doing of course but I would bet the dynamixels would handle it.

openmindedjjj
06-30-2008, 01:44 PM
im adding 4 servoes,1 servo for each leg and arm. i ordered them yesterday so they should be here in like a week.

DresnerRobotics
06-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont think that should be an issue, should be able to hold them no prob.

You might look into replacing the stock nimh battery with a 3S LiPo battery, will give you even more torque and they are much lighter. Not sure on the exact torque when running on a fully charged LiPo though.

openmindedjjj
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
thanks tyberius.. i dident even think about the battery..do you know where i can get the 3s lipo battery?

DresnerRobotics
06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Not sure, I'm still researching exactly that. I usually order my batteries from http://www.batteryspace.com

If youre using the stock torso you will have some size limitations however.