PDA

View Full Version : [News/Announcement] Diablo III woo!

DresnerRobotics
06-28-2008, 09:23 AM
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Trailer here:

http://www.vimeo.com/1246794?pg=embed&sec=1246794

I have to say, been looking forward to this game for a loooooong time. Blizzard shall no doubt blow us away again :D

Wingzero01w
06-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Meh... i wanted more Wrath of Lich King coverage but alright i guess ill have to try this game because of the hype. I never played diablo and im a noob on WoW lol.

EDIT: Just watched a couble of trailers, looks REALLY NICE. I wonder what the system req. are?

A-Bot
06-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Diablo II is one of my all-time favorites. IMHO it was easily the best game of its time.

Adrenalynn
06-28-2008, 12:02 PM
I knew I bought those dual 9800 cards for a reason. . . ;)

DresnerRobotics
06-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I knew I bought those dual 9800 cards for a reason. . . ;)

O_o

I'm still hanging onto my dual 7900gtx's, they run WoW like a champ and that's pretty much all I play these days.

Adrenalynn
06-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm not much of a gamer. I do find the technology that goes into the latest-and-greatest to be inspiring, so I always need to keep a good leg up on the latest in video cards.

I more "audit" than "play"...

sreeja
06-30-2008, 01:28 AM
I have a lot of interest in playing this game.Now diablo III is powered by a new graphics engine that can display characters and hordes of monsters in lush, fully 3D environments. Powerful special-effects systems and Havok-powered physics allow the player to lay waste to Hell’s minions in spectacular ways.I have a question .Will Diablo III be playable over Battle.net? What new features can we expect?

LinuxGuy
06-30-2008, 04:07 AM
O_o

I'm still hanging onto my dual 7900gtx's, they run WoW like a champ and that's pretty much all I play these days.
I play on Silver Hand (Alliance, 70 Hunter, 45 Mage, 42 Paladin, 34 Druid, and a few others) (Horde, 42 Hunter), and Bronzebeard (Horde). A friend just convinced me to try things on a PvP server, so we are two Dranei - I'm a Hunter and he's a Shaman or Hunter.

8-Dale

Wingzero01w
06-30-2008, 05:56 AM
=0 Alliance! I have a lvl 11 blood elf warlock. :o But now hes going to be obsolete so i can play on a higher population pvp server. How's PvP compared to Normal realms? Funner? So far i like the game, very fun, really good graphics for an mmo actually i like it better than age of conan.

Oh, and do you plan on getting the lich king? Aswell as making a death knight?

sam
07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I have a lot of interest in playing this game.Now diablo III is powered by a new graphics engine that can display characters and hordes of monsters in lush, fully 3D environments. Powerful special-effects systems and Havok-powered physics allow the player to lay waste to Hell’s minions in spectacular ways.I have a question .Will Diablo III be playable over Battle.net? What new features can we expect?

From waht I heard you will be able to play on battle.net too.

Diablo II is a super game, I can't wait see what they did with the third one. WingZero, it's a really good game diablo II, and you can get it for like 15-20$, I think it's worth it. I stopped playing lately, but I was a semi-god :eek: Anyhoo. I'll probably going to need a better computer because with all the custom hacks I put on Diablo II my computer was lagging.

ScuD
07-10-2008, 05:05 AM
i practically burned the diablo I CD to a crisp in my cdrom drive, played the hell out of it..

But with all these new projects (metalworking, mech, bioloid, girlfriend) I don't have any time left for gaming..

My little brother will probably get it once it's published though, so i'll give it a go on his PC ;)

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 05:12 AM
Teach your girlfriend metalworking. Now you've cut your project list in half! Plenty of time now!

:)

4mem8
07-10-2008, 05:20 AM
I to love video games, I also love to build high end gaming machines in the $7,000 + mark NZ.

ScuD
07-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Teach your girlfriend metalworking. Now you've cut your project list in half! Plenty of time now!

:)

As much as I'd love that, I practically have a subscription at the local emergency services in the hospital for my gf...

She can't even close a door without almost breaking two fingers, and I'm not exaggerating, true story.. :happy:

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Ouch! Keep that one away from the vertical bandsaw! ;)

Ok, get her to learn microcontroller programming and she can handle programming the 'bots whilst you're playing in the shop! Delegation, man, delegation! :)

Electricity
07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
This looks pretty interesting, although from the long ass clip of game play, it looks like the graphics havn't improved much..

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 01:56 PM
The environmentals DX10 stuff is pretty new and spiffy. Lots of new environmentals.

Electricity
07-10-2008, 01:58 PM
The environmentals DX10 stuff is pretty new and spiffy. Lots of new environmentals.
Yeah that does look pretty cool. But the overall graphics themselves look kind of generic.

DresnerRobotics
07-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah that does look pretty cool. But the overall graphics themselves look kind of generic.

Alpha. Give it time to get polished ;)

Electricity
07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Ehh we'll see. I just hope some of the combat animations are a bit cooler.

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Go have a look at the screen shots and download 'em in high-res. That video looks like junk comparatively

Electricity
07-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll have to check that out then.. :p