PDA

View Full Version : Arena Suggestion

qwerty613
07-04-2008, 12:30 PM
There should be billboards (with the simulated city idea) that are the same color as the regulation targets, so autotarget systems would get distracted.

DresnerRobotics
07-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Auto-targeting systems and autonomous bots will face enough of a challenge just tracking colors with a limited environment (grey scale city, colored target plates). I'd rather not make it any more difficult for them.

dcalkins
07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
And TV helicopters!

And moving 2" pedestrians!

And 6" cars, autonmously driving through the streets.

And 1000 watt lasers cutting robots in half!

And...
and...

MONSTERS!

Adrenalynn
07-04-2008, 04:21 PM
There should be billboards (with the simulated city idea) that are the same color as the regulation targets, so autotarget systems would get distracted.

Qwerty,

Welcome to the TRC! Great to hear you and your dad are working together to devise a 'bot design to compete!

I think your notion of confusing auto-targeting systems will most certainly have merit at some point. In a "first of its kind" event like this one, I think everyone will need to learn what is feasible and what isn't before we start creating handicaps. I suspect the first generation of autonomous robots for the event will be confused enough, and as likely to shoot themselves in the foot as they are to shoot each other. ;)

I'll personally remember it was you who suggested it come year two or three when the robots are autonomously shooting flies off of each others shoulders, though. :)

Again, welcome aboard!