PDA

View Full Version : bioloid id change >?

openmindedjjj
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
ok so i just bought 4 new ax-12s and i need to set an id for them. i watched the video on how to change the id but it in the video it shows the guy goin to a behavior control program called changing id .bpg i looked on my computer for the file called changeing id .bpg but could not find it
it says in the manual that to find it you go into examples/ changing id.bpg but i dont see it in my examples folder. if any body has it can you send it to me or upload it to this forum please.

this is what it looks like in the manual.

1-3. Changing Dynamixels ID
▷Connect only one Dynamixel that will change the ID to CM-5..
▷Download behavior control program that can change Dynamixels ID.
(Use the Examples\ID changing .bpg file)
▷After download, execute the program via online activation mode.
▷Using CM-5 button, insert new ID.

the ID changing .bpg file is what i cant find..

DresnerRobotics
07-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I can't seem to find it in my install either, hrm.

trey3670
07-08-2008, 04:41 PM
dont have it on mine either,thats the hard way anyway,use robot terminal much faster.

TechMech
07-08-2008, 04:55 PM
dont have it on mine either,thats the hard way anyway,use robot terminal much faster.
Can you explain how ? I to have the same problem.

trey3670
07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
ok on page 105 of the user manual,not the quick start there is a guide to doing it,let me re-read it and see iff I can simplify

trey3670
07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
ok the manual is pretty straight forward on it so I hope that helped,ya jus type in what ya id ya need,but it is alot easier to mess things up that way to,so after some searching I found the the idchange.bpg,look in the member downloads,motionfile section of the bioloid. let me know if you still have probs I went through this and once you figure it out its like doh! remember only plug one dyna in at a time it will change them all

trey3670
07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=66

TechMech
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Got it! Thanks Trey :veryhappy:

tom_chang79
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Forget the BCP, I think the video is quite old so it has some files that the newer versions no longer include. Just go straight to the Robot Terminal.

Refer to your user manual towards the last section for Robot Terminal. As you get more and more familiar with the robot terminal, you'll discover that you don't need the motion controller or to use BCP for ID setting purposes. Of course, you'll still need the BCP to do some "basic" programming.

Good luck fellow Bioloid owners! :)

trey3670
07-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Im with tom on this didn't believe him at first but he is right,as you evolve into your bioloid robot terminal is where you will do your work.

openmindedjjj
07-09-2008, 01:12 AM
thanks you guys! ill have to upload my robot when im done so you can see him..
i also wana get him a different color but that is the easy part

openmindedjjj
07-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Ok so thanks to trey3670 and tom chang79 i have successfully changed the id's of my new servos to 19,20,21,and 22 and i went through robot terminal,, let me say that once i figured it out it was the simplest thing i could of done. so for anyone in the future who ever wants to change an id on a bioloid this is exactly what you do.. turn on your cm-5 then connect it to your computer open up your robot terminal and then set your cm-5 to manage mode. then just type ID 19 or what ever number you want your new id to be.. i used 19 but ya just put ID and then a space and then the number and press enter.. it will post a message saying are you shure and you press y for yes. and thats it..
just make shure you only have one ax-12 hooked up at a time. or it will set all your ax-12's to the id.
thats it if anybody has any qustions just send me a message.

Alex
07-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Anybody care to make a tutorial for this?

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

trey3670
07-09-2008, 09:56 AM
alex I am considering doing a couple of them,jus gotta get the time!