PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Shipping != shipping?

ScuD
07-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Ok, since Adrenalynn said I'm a big boy now, i'll start my first post with a need for some english translation.

As you know I've ordered a bioloid kit, and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
Now, the website states that my order's current status is : shipping.

At that, i sent them an email to ask where i could find the tracking number, since the order specifically states "with tracking number" but i didn't find it on the website.

So they respond, and i quote: "The tracking number will be sent to you as soon as the order is dispatched from the warehouse."

What am i missing here? i thought 'shipped' meant it was, well not necessarily on a ship, but at least on a bus, a car, a scooter for that matter.

Sooo...
Can anyone translate what it is they exactly mean?

DresnerRobotics
07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
"Shipping" was probably just a loose term they're using for the process of getting it out of their warehouse. "Shipped" is probably what you want to wait for as far as status on it, and when they'll send the tracking number.

Electricity
07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Shipping means its in the process of being boxed up and sent out. It hasn't left their warehouse yet, but the order has been received and it is being processed. once it has been picked up by whatever carrier is getting it, you should receive an e-mail with a tracking number. Shipped would mean it left, shipping (present tense) means it hasn't yet left them. I suppose 'Processing' would be a more appropriate status.

ScuD
07-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Ahaa, so it's the way they used the verb that got to me.
Dammit! I want that robot! :D

Ah well, I should probably get the bathroom fixed over the weekend anyway..

Thanks for clearing that up guys!

Electricity
07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah thats a good idea, pooping in a cup is never fun.. :p

ScuD
07-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I knew I should have left that sentance out...

Be that as it may, there still is a working toilet :tongue:

It's just missing.. well everything else..

Electricity
07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
So your pooping into a toilet that drains directly to the floor? :p

Adrenalynn
07-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Beats an open trench... ;)

Electricity
07-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Beats an open trench... ;)
Or a closed room..

Adrenalynn
07-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Or an open trench in a closed room. :tongue:

Alex
07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
"Shipped" and "Shipping" usually mean the same thing when it comes to the company "shipping" the product. Did you order from us? If so, then you're correct, by "shipped"; we mean that it left our doors and is in the hands of the shipping company. As soon as your product is "shipped" by us, you should have received an email right away. If not, give me a call first thing in the morning and I'll look the tracking number up for ya:)

Alex
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
oh, look at that... I just bumped Adrenalynn out of her top poster spot:p

Seriously though A, you deserve it!

trey3670
07-09-2008, 10:48 PM
where did you order from?

ScuD
07-10-2008, 01:38 AM
I ordered from Robosavvy, so this was in no way a remark on the services of trossen robotics, sorry if it sounded that way..

Anyway, in the meantime i've received the tracking details and it's on its way to Belgium.

I guess I just needed to be a bit more patient, but try being patient when waiting for a robot...

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Your Kung Fu's weak, Alex.

ScuD, I know you had to order from a European seller, but just as a general rule - that same impatience is the reason I buy only from Trossen these days. The only reseller I've yet to discover that could find the definition of "customer service"

trey3670
07-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Your Kung Fu's weak, Alex.

ScuD, I know you had to order from a European seller, but just as a general rule - that same impatience is the reason I buy only from Trossen these days. The only reseller I've yet to discover that could find the definition of "customer service"
ditto

ScuD
07-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Believe me, I'd order with Trossen, but shipping to belgium is disgustingly costly.
The only way it'd be feasible for me to order in the US is if i had my own "company" and can retrieve VAT, given the value of the dollar that might save me some money.

But even in that case it'd only be worth it if i make a massive order, and since i don't have a store i couldn't justify those kinds of costs.

Maybe i should become a Trossen robotics supplier for Europe :p

Alex
07-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I ordered from Robosavvy, so this was in no way a remark on the services of trossen robotics, sorry if it sounded that way..

Anyway, in the meantime i've received the tracking details and it's on its way to Belgium.

I guess I just needed to be a bit more patient, but try being patient when waiting for a robot...No way did I take you that way! I was just asking a question is all. I didn't mean a thing behind it and sorry you took me that way. Of course... we'd love it if all of our members could order from us, haha:D

Just an FYI for future references to you and any other International customers interested in ordering anything over $250. I know international shipping costs from the US is a bit outrageous, but if a customer contacts us about the problem, we will do our best at finding a way to help reduce the shipping costs. We don't ship big items like the Bioloid via USPS because they have no guarantee of it's arrival to the destination, no tracking number for the customers, etc. However, we do oftentimes (if a customer contacts us) ship via DHL, which most of the time is much cheaper than UPS. We cannot gaurantee that we'll find a cheaper method, but we'll definitely try our best:) If you call about this, just be sure to ask for me!

ScuD
07-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Beware Alex, i'm getting a bonus next month.. you may just get a call from a phone number with more than 20 digits :tongue:

This is more than proof enought though that you guys put the customer first.
It's a joy to see people who still actually care about the people they're working with, and not just about their money.

I salute you, good sir, and tip my hat!

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 10:55 AM
That's just classic Trossen Robotics.

When I was helping design and build our Sci Oly robot, there was a tremendous amount of engineering and invention that went into realizing the kids' vision. Which means I had shipments coming in fast and furious. The closer the it came to the day of competition, the faster things came in, fixing breakage and finalizing the design. I was buying from half a dozen resellers, and the only one that delivered with 100% consistancy was Trossen. Even more, they're the only ones that could actually manage to get stuff out in a reasonable period of time.

It eventually came down that we had two massive breakages three days before the event. A motor I didn't support well went to pieces, and the garbage tracks on the base were snapping like mad. I ordered a motor from Trossen with a panic'd "*send quickly!*" and the same from another seller for the tracks. Trossen shipped the motor the same day (late afternoon their time) and it arrived the next day. That other seller "lost my order", then "had UPS problems", then ... The tracks arrived four days after the competition...

It's that kind of service that lured me here to the forum actually...

I've since been forced to buy from other resellers for parts Trossen doesn't stock. Servo City has been pretty solid. Other than them, it's just been more of the same.

Electricity
07-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Sounds like Trossen needs to start stocking more items then! :p

Matt
07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to all for the kind words.

BTW- Our shipping computer just imploded today which means no ability to print labels to ship the orders. So Jen drove around town to find old school UPS hand labels, we reboxed half the orders into larger boxes that can fit the labels, and filled them all out by hand. Ugg. But the orders are going out today! Oh, and we did all this as the safety measure knowing that Alex might have the computer fixed in time. We are still waiting to see if it was in vain but we are ready either way now.

Just wanted to let everyone know that's how we roll here. :veryhappy:

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 04:29 PM
You're just trying to make me all weepy, aren't you?

Have you considered buying-up the other guys as their value plummets?

Alex
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Ha! Wouldn't ya know it...

All of the labels for today's orders were finished being written by hand (by Dave, Matt and Jen) and about 20 minutes later, jut before UPS came to pick up the packages, I finished setting everything up on the new computer and started printing the labels:D

ScuD
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Seriously, I'm interested in how you guys started this thing.
Me and a few friends of mine had some great ideas, some far fetched, others just plain cool..

But i mean, how do you start a business like you guys did?

Matt
07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
By being very very very naive, LOL.

The history is posted in my post in the introduction thread if you are curious. (link in my siggy)

Electricity
07-10-2008, 05:40 PM
So.. You guys hiring?

Matt
07-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Yes actually, lol. The jobs will be posted soon.

Electricity
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh no kidding really? Cuz I'm fairly serious..

Matt
07-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Okay, I posted the jobs. Electricity, if you would like to send me your resume I'll check it out. Email is on the contact page. :)

Electricity
07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Okay, I posted the jobs. Electricity, if you would like to send me your resume I'll check it out. Email is on the contact page. :)
Just sent you an e-mail Matt, hope to hear back from you soon! :)

ScuD
07-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Don't suppose you guys provide benefits such as relocation and stuff.. no?

:veryhappy:

Electricity
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Don't suppose you guys provide benefits such as relocation and stuff.. no?

:veryhappy:
I'm tellin yah.. My fiance and I have already started looking at apartments and moving costs and such.. Matt's already hired me, he just doesn't know it yet. :D

Alex
07-18-2008, 08:45 AM
[thread moved to Off Topic forum]