PDA

View Full Version : A big "Thank You!"

Adrenalynn
07-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I'd like to send out a big "Thanks!" to all the "old-timers", but most especially Alex, for building such an outstanding playground for us geeks and nerds. Building a community like this is a labor of love more than anything. They start soooo sloooow it looks like they'll never take off.

Even more than numbers is the quality of the community. The talent, creativity, experience, and overall intelligence around here is outstanding. I'm constantly awed.

So "THANKS!", Alex! Nice job!

[And with this post, consider the baton of "most verbose and prolific" officially passed... :eek: :veryhappy:]

DresnerRobotics
07-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Congratz Jodie, can't say we didn't see that coming :p

Electricity
07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Yay! seriously though, nice forums here. I've learned so much, and I've barely touched the tip of the ice burg..

Alex
07-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks Jodie:o BUT, I should be the one thanking all of you!

This community wouldn't even exist without all of you TRC members. The TRC has been such an incredible experience for me. Sure, it was a ton of work getting all the "toys and tools" setup, but look at this place?!? Yesterday there was something like 28 logged in members around like 1pm CST. I'm guessing there's an average of around 40-50 posts/day (probably way underestimated there), and all are of great quality and no trolls. Simply put, you guy & gals rock!

The TRC members have taught me so much these last several months and I look forward to everything I'll be learning from all of you for years to come.

BTW Jodie, congrats on taking the torch! Oh wait... I just stole it from ya:p I'm sure you'll get it back tomorrow. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll actually have a chance to go through my like 230 unread forum posts (and that's not including the Mech Wars forum:rolleyes:).

4mem8
07-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Yeah, Great site Alex, I am enjoying every minute of it and every body's input.

ScuD
07-10-2008, 08:12 AM
One more "thanks" from half way around the world.
I finally found a robotics forum that's perfectly in-line with my interests.

sam
07-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Congrats for the forum! It's a great place!

Matt
07-10-2008, 06:04 PM
The people hanging out here deserve all the thanks IMHO. Until the crowd finally showed up and started filling this place with killer content it was just us TR dorks sitting in a big empty clubhouse going, "Hello-o-o-o-o-o? Does anyone wanna play with us-us-us-us? Robots are cool-ool-ool-ool. Sniff."

Personally, I say this party is just getting started. Wait until there is an open source ROM propagating the globe and 10 times the hardware to choose from. *big evil grin*

openmindedjjj
07-10-2008, 08:45 PM
ya thanks for opening up the community, you guys help all the time with my bioloid. o and by the way ya i finialy got my id's set! haha sorry for calling you and bothering you guys

metaform3d
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
It's rather amazing how the message volume has been increasing. I only joined recently and yet I look back on the days when there might have been fewer than 10 new messages some mornings. There will come a point when the time I'll need to spend reading all the new messages will exceed the time I can justify for it. At the rate things are going that will be soon, which is both brilliant and wrenching. I'll have to start focusing on specific topics and missing the wacky cool stuff that lurks everywhere.

Edit, to clarify: Yes, a big thank you to the Trossen staff for this great forum! Not complaining, I just always sound that way for some reason...

LinuxGuy
07-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Personally, I say this party is just getting started. Wait until there is an open source ROM propagating the globe and 10 times the hardware to choose from. *big evil grin*
Speaking of which, as I peek out from my quiet corner, have you looked at PyRo (http://pyrorobotics.org)? They have some ideas on this sort of thing that might be worth looking at for inclusion into TROM in some way. I always think of TRON when I see that.. :veryhappy:

8-Dale

Adrenalynn
07-13-2008, 02:53 AM
When you actually get the architecture picture for the ROM, it really has nothing to do with PyRo.

Most importantly, PyRo writes to robots. That's not the goal here. PyRo requires supported robots. That's not the goal here. PyRo appears from my pretty complete readings to be primarily a simulation and code generation system, emphasis on the simulation.

The ROM is an abstraction model and effectively a "robot operating system".

PyRo could plug in to the architecture handing data to the SCL as if it were a controller, or it could sit at the "Developer Code" level - or both. But it's certainly far and away removed from the ROM itself.

Adrenalynn
07-14-2008, 03:00 AM
As of this moment, and inclusive of this post, 13.26% of all posts on the TRC will have my avatar at their start.

I love numbers... ;)

scorch
07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
I am so glad that I found this place. I am so blessed to have the capability to speak with genious engineers. Now I am starting to fall in love with robotics thanks to Alex, Jodie, and everyone else who have helped me along the way.

Adrenalynn
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks, Scorch, but there's a whole forum full of us here. You can start a thread and ask away and give all kinds of people a chance to chime in.

Don't forget Tyberius/Andrew. I know he was in that fray too. :)

ooops
07-14-2008, 01:10 PM
[/URL][URL="http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/member.php?u=1711"]
(http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/member.php?u=1711)Adrenalynn (http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/member.php?u=1711)
Adrenalynn is online
(http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/member.php?u=1711)

Moderator????
I liked HAL

Thank you everyone ... I learn sooo much it shouldn't be free!

Adrenalynn
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
:) That's a new thing in the last couple minutes. Man, can't sneak anything past you.

Although I haven't had the HAL tag in weeks - it was "T1000" - where've you been? ;)

crabfu
07-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Adrenalynn, you OWN trossen forums :)

I too like to thank trossen folks for providing a really place to share and learn. This easy to use forum as attracted many builders, and exposed me to many different projects that I would have never have the opportunity to learn otherwise.

Thanks/congrats trossen team, and thanks adrenalynn for being a big part of the growth of this group :)

-Crabfu

scorch
07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry, I did not mean to leave anyone out. Everyone I have spoken with so far have helped me so much. I am very thrilled to speak with new people as well.

Adrenalynn
07-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks CF! Much appreciated!

Scorch, no worries, I just wanted to make sure a few other people got the proverbial "nod". :)

ooops
07-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Although I haven't had the HAL tag in weeks - it was "T1000" - where've you been?

Well, if you must know I have been out busting my rear to pay for robot parts!
Don't worry Matt ... you will get most of it!!!

Adrenalynn
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Well, that's ok then. You're [mostly] forgiven.

scorch
07-21-2008, 11:24 AM
I know someday I will be purchasing a whole load of robotic parts and I will only buy them from here

rpedro
07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I know this is probably a little late, but I too want to thank the Trossen team, not only for exceptional customer service in their store, but also for this fantastic site... It is my MAIN reason for even getting involved in robotics, (and Robot Magazine of course...:)) I have only been a member of this site for a little while, and all I can say this is the place to be... also the chatroom is awesome as well... I am proud to be part of the community...