PDA

View Full Version : Some love from SuicideBots.com !

DresnerRobotics
07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
http://www.suicidebots.com/2008/07/09/mechwars-are-go/

:D

We've also been posted about on a few Mechwarrior fan websites, I'm going to go track them down and try to reel more people in.

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
That's good coverage! Grats!

Now you just need to get engadget or Make to pick it up. :)

sam
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
That's cool, it gives a bit of publicity to try to recruit more people for the competition!

Can't wait!

ScuD
07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
maaaaaaaaaaan!! I wanna be there at the competitionnnnnnnn *cries

:sad:

This is gonna be sweet, but you guys better get a load of movies and pictures so i can at least think i was there...

I think there'll be plenty coverage once a first bot is nearly completed..

Sorta like the uhm... Morav.net thingie

4mem8
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
ScuD: I go along with that statement big time, i'd give my right arm to be there year 1.

Matt
07-10-2008, 05:56 PM
you guys better get a load of movies and pictures

I'm thinking the POV from the players should be recorded for each bout plus a sky cam.

DresnerRobotics
07-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm thinking the POV from the players should be recorded for each bout plus a sky cam.

I'm hoping to do exactly that actually. I've got a heavy duty dual Xeon workstation I'll be bringing down with me, and outfitting with multiple firewire video capture devices, so hopefully we'll have a feed from each POV cam as well as someone who can shoot each match with a camcorder. Skycam via RC blimp would be great too.

Electricity
07-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Sweeet! Dude I totally hope I can participate in this!
If nothing else, someone has to wear an 'Electricity Rocks!' t-shirt to the event.

sam
07-10-2008, 08:01 PM
maaaaaaaaaaan!! I wanna be there at the competitionnnnnnnn *cries

:sad:

This is gonna be sweet, but you guys better get a load of movies and pictures so i can at least think i was there...

I think there'll be plenty coverage once a first bot is nearly completed..

Sorta like the uhm... Morav.net thingie

I totaly understand you! I really want to be there but I don't know with the price of planes. Does anyone know when the games will be? Since I can't find it on the robogames site I guess it wasn't decided yet. I have school finals and prom night (that I can skip at worst :p ). Because it's sure my mom won't help me pay if it's just 2 days, maybe we'd visit some family in LA...

DresnerRobotics
07-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I totaly understand you! I really want to be there but I don't know with the price of planes. Does anyone know when the games will be? Since I can't find it on the robogames site I guess it wasn't decided yet. I have school finals and prom night (that I can skip at worst :p ). Because it's sure my mom won't help me pay if it's just 2 days, maybe we'd visit some family in LA...

It's only posted on the front page of Robogames.net AND mech-warfare.com... :p

Date:Fri-Sun, June 19-21, 2009 Where: Fort Mason, San Francisco

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey Tyb -

I have some DVR cards from my last business. 4 camera, 8 camera, 16 camera - up to 480fps/card, onboard h.264 archiving on full 30fps/cam. :)