PDA

View Full Version : [Just For Fun] No. Way.

Matt
07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
When rednecks discover technology, lol...

YouTube - RC Helicopter FISHING! Dave tries hand at "Heli Fishing"

DresnerRobotics
07-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Haha good show! I was expecting a bigger fish, would've made for a funnier video.

A-Bot
07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
It looks like they faked it. Notice how the video cuts after the "Is the fishing good...", and then the fish is already on the line. :robotindifferent:

openmindedjjj
07-10-2008, 08:41 PM
haha i liked the video now if we could have our robots fish!

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Easy, OpenM. That's a good project for ya! Time to build a fishing-bot.

Great video, Matt! Those little perch will hit anything, huh? :)

darkback2
07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
If it were me...I'd be fishing my heli out of the water.

Alex
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
HEY! That's my uncle;)

I've really been itching to go fishing lately. I live right next to a small lake, just been too busy to take advantage of it till now.

Great vid btw Matt, thanks!

metaform3d
07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Went fishing last weekend -- my wife caught 2 and I got 1. I'm sure if there had been a hovering RC helicopter churning up the river we might have only caught deaf fish. Cool idea though.

Adrenalynn
07-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Six minutes of hover means it's electric - very quiet. And some of those fish like the water a little churned-up...

That said - I've never been big on fishing. My chopper would be equipped with dynamite and a release mechanism. My backup chopper would have a little fishing net to scoop up the floaters. ;)

ScuD
07-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Lol... reminds me of that time a few buddies of mine ducttaped some estes-rocket engines to a little playmobil boat hull and fired it across the pond in the city park.

Hilariously sunk to the bottom in a puddle of molten plastic after about 10 feet, but the biggest thrill was running from the cops.

What people will come up with for entertainment :veryhappy:

A-Bot
07-11-2008, 07:25 AM
My last fishing experience was in the golf community where my parents retired in Florida. They live on a lake. It's strictly catch and release, and full of huge fish. I quickly got bored of pulling out massive fish every couple minutes. Anyway, if you like pulling big fish, those golf courses are money, especially if they have been around a long time (fish are older). Not for the heli though- they would take it for a swim! :cool: