PDA

View Full Version : [Kondo 2HV] Buying my KHR-2HV...

rpedro
07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
this week!!! I am so excited!!! I want ed to say hi to all the other members here, and I would love to see your pics of your Kondo robots, as well as workshops, etc...:) I will be getting mine this week... I can't wait!!!:eek:

ScuD
07-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Congrats!

You're supposed to take pictures of the unpacking, assembling, programming, and post videos of its first steps though...

Naah, welcome and let us know how bot evolves!

rpedro
07-13-2008, 11:18 PM
sure will, well as much as I can anyway!!!:) I just placed my first order with the Trossen guys, and I am so excited!!! I can't believe the deal either!!! what a time to put my KHR-2HV on sale!!! I am hoping this all works out... I ordered the kit, a magazine to read, some tub soles, and the japanese screwdriver set... I am ordering some more stuff by the end of the week, but din't want to miss out on the sale... I am so excited!!!:) wish me luck guys!!!

Adrenalynn
07-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Good luck! - But you won't need it. You couldn't have picked a better more reliable reseller.

rpedro
07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
good to hear!!! I still can't believe the deal I got, and what they are selling Kondos at right now!!! I am so happy...:)

crabfu
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
sweet congrats... 2hv is awesome, after you get used to the quirky software, it's pretty cool to make motions for it.... it's sort of like stop motion animation :)

-Crabfu

A-Bot
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Did you get the GENEX suit? That looks way-cool.

openmindedjjj
07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
ya good choice its just like any other robot once you get use to the software its super easy to make motions. when i ordered my robot from trossen it took about a week and a half to get to my house i ordered it on monday i think and i got it next wenesday. lol they even sent me a little smile face guy in the package. lol which is y i will allways buy from trossen they are pretty fast and relilable plus if you have any qustions that cant be answered on here you can allways call them,, they help me out all the time..

DresnerRobotics
07-14-2008, 04:05 PM
ya good choice its just like any other robot once you get use to the software its super easy to make motions. when i ordered my robot from trossen it took about a week and a half to get to my house i ordered it on monday i think and i got it next wenesday. lol they even sent me a little smile face guy in the package. lol which is y i will allways buy from trossen they are pretty fast and relilable plus if you have any qustions that cant be answered on here you can allways call them,, they help me out all the time..

Although I would recommend you simply ask here first. There are almost always people online and willing to help, and the guys at Trossen tend to keep pretty busy.

rpedro
07-14-2008, 10:56 PM
great to hear!!! I am getting a Gen-x the next order around...:) I will see my order on weds!!! I am so excited... also I got such a great deal being my 2-HV was on sale already, and Trossen even let me add my summer robot magazine coupon!!! wow what a bunch of great guys they have, now just waiting it all out to see if everything comes in in one piece!!!:) will keep you all posted...

btw: crab-fu, or any other builders of the Gen-X, I would really like to purchase a bolt in led eye set... can you help me out??? I will pay fair, as I know Kondo still doesn't offer a set yet...:( I really want them when I get my suit...

anyone know where to pick up that cool KHR-2HV book that's out??? I can't find it for sale anywhere...:( thanks!!!

rpedro
07-15-2008, 09:42 PM
here's a pic of the book I am working on picking up...:)

crabfu
07-15-2008, 10:45 PM
btw: crab-fu, or any other builders of the Gen-X, I would really like to purchase a bolt in led eye set... can you help me out??? I will pay fair, as I know Kondo still doesn't offer a set yet...:( I really want them when I get my suit...

Yeah I was disappointed that for the price, it does not come with led eyes... I rigged up something using a led flashlight with it's own power source, but you can just rig up led lights and plug it into one of the spare servo slots to get power :)

-Crabfu

rpedro
07-15-2008, 10:59 PM
cool, was wondering of you or anyone wants to set me up with some led eyes...I will pay for them of course... I want blue like in the pictures of the gen-x...
thanks

rpedro
07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
heads up all, just got my stuff... I will do my best to start building it this weekend!!! awesome deal, and I got the japanese screwdriver set to ensure the right fit!!! I can't wait to get started!!!:) wish me luck!!!

ScuD
07-17-2008, 01:49 AM
This weekend? this weekend???
NOW!!!

I've had sleep deprivation since my bioloid arrived on monday, get it done!! :genmad:

:veryhappy: enjoy the kit, and put up some pics when it's done!

rpedro
07-17-2008, 05:39 AM
will do... probably start Friday night at the latest... work has been kicking my butt... man I am so tired... oh well, at least I have a job...:) some people out there got it way worse... will keep you all posted...

rpedro
07-19-2008, 10:44 PM
here's a pic of the book I am working on picking up...:)

found the KHR-2HV book on a Japanese website... he had ONE LEFT!!! I had to scoop it up!!! at $60 + $28 shipping, it wasn't cheap, but hey... I had to have it... will keep you all posted...:mad:

here's a pic of the actual book...

rpedro
07-24-2008, 09:57 PM
still waiting for my book to show up, just received my two gyros and accelerator from Trossen :) I should be on target to get this baby built up this weekend pending any disasters at work... I know, I know it should be ready to go by now, but work has been insane... I promise I will get to my baby ASAP!!! It's killing me to see it sitting in pieces in a box, but I want to do it right...:)