PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] bioloid wierd servo problem

openmindedjjj
07-17-2008, 01:49 AM
ok so i if any of you guys remember about a month ago i asked about servoes and torque for my bioloid and everything well anyways i ended up buying 4 new servoes from trossen and they were allworking fine until yesterday when i was programing my robot with its new moves sence i have to re-do all the motions to incorporate his new servos into the movements&motions. so all the sudden im playing the motion i just made and i had all ready played the moiton before so it was not a new stress on the servo or anything but all the sudden in the middle of the motion it stopped and said error and this whole error message showed up with codes and numbers saying it was the servo with id 20 so long story short i have the servo with id 20 off and my robot runs just fine well not rely but it performs the motions just fine with out any errrors. and the servo 20 when i hook it up by its self to the cm-5 it spins randomly every once in a wile and the led light stays on insted of normally turnin on initally and then off.
ive allready reset the servo in robot terminal and its still acting wierd. its allmost brand new i mean ive only had it for like 2 weeks. dose any have any ideas on fixing it or do i need to buy a new one.. i kinda wana fix it tho because i dont relly wana spend 50 bucks on a servo if i dont have to..i would much rather buy a laser for him haha.
but any ideas..

ScuD
07-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Did you set the Id correctly?
What error message was it giving? Could you post it here?

openmindedjjj
07-17-2008, 02:03 AM
ya the id was set just fine and i programed like 25 new motions correctly with no problems..
ya i would post the error message but it no longer recognises the servo. when i turn it on but when its hooked up with robot terminal on it says on id found. so its noteven regestering with robot terminal.

Alex
07-18-2008, 08:40 AM
[thread moved to actuators forum]

DresnerRobotics
07-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Well the red light staying on certainly indicates an error with the servo. Could you please post the error code it was giving you initially?

Also make sure you have the position set with the 300 degree range before powering it on. If the two registers that determine continuous rotation vs positional rotation aren't set and it's beyond it's normal range it could be causing that.

Furthermore, try installing DynaCommander from here: http://www.forestmoon.com/Software/DynaCommander/

Hook up your CM-5 with just the erring servo connected, launch the Dynacommander program and do a scan. If it recognizes the AX-12 it will appear on the list to the left, select it and then press the "Reset" button which will basically reset everything back to factory settings.

Your next option would be to reflash the firmware of the AX-12, I'd need to look up instructions to do that though so try what I've listed first and we'll go from there.