PDA

View Full Version : asimo for sale

openmindedjjj
07-19-2008, 01:43 AM
hey everybody! ok so i just saw a video on youtube about robots ofcourse and they said that asimo the honda robot is just about to go on sale.. so as suprised as i was i went to honda.com and looked at their page on asimo.. they give a lot of info about the robot as if it were for sale but no check out button or price. dose anybody know if he is allready for sale by honda or if they just ment that he would be available soon but not as of today. and if so how much is he.. i would guess considering my bioloid was almost a 1000 and asimo is probably 100 times more advanced i would guess he would be at least 20,000 or in that ball park..i found the video its at the bottem. on my comment

A-Bot
07-19-2008, 06:47 AM
i would guess considering my bioloid was almost a 1000 and asimo is probably 100 times more advanced i would guess he would be at least 20,000 or in that ball park..

I would guess it's more like $1,000,000.

DresnerRobotics
07-19-2008, 07:59 AM
hey everybody! ok so i just saw a video on youtube about robots ofcourse and they said that asimo the honda robot is just about to go on sale.. so as suprised as i was i went to honda.com and looked at their page on asimo.. they give a lot of info about the robot as if it were for sale but no check out button or price. dose anybody know if he is allready for sale by honda or if they just ment that he would be available soon but not as of today. and if so how much is he.. i would guess considering my bioloid was almost a 1000 and asimo is probably 100 times more advanced i would guess he would be at least 20,000 or in that ball park..i would post the youtube video but i dont know how to up load a video to a thread or blog or what ever this is.

If they were to build one right now, you're looking at around 1 mil. This isn't considering the many years of R&D that went into producing the current model. On stuff like this you're never going to see a 'checkout' button. I don't think you can paypal $1 million :)

Alex
07-19-2008, 09:44 AM
my guess if he went on sale to the public, is around $600 - 700k

openmindedjjj
07-19-2008, 10:35 AM
i was thinking about a million a first as well but in the video they say that "as a large percentage of the population in japan will be reaching oldage in the next 10 years that they will need a robot to be helpfull in the house. so im assuming that i would have to be some what afforadable if they expect the general public in japan to own one. here i think i uploaded the video right. they talk about it about at about the 1 min mark YouTube - Beyond Human: Erasing the Line Between Man and Machine

openmindedjjj
07-19-2008, 01:47 PM
they make it seem like its gonna be like 10,000 dollars or something

Adrenalynn
07-19-2008, 05:12 PM
The average YEARLY income in China in 2006 was about $2000 USD.

Average disposable family income was $477.50/yr in the same period.

If it were USD $10,000 and they wanted to sell it into the Chinese market, they would have to save every penny of their disposable income for 21 years. Which means if they offered it for sale today, they'd have their first sale in 2030.

That's certainly not their target market, and $10k is a perception that was gleaned from a video that didn't have much to say about price-point. And the perception seems to be falling rapidly at about a 50% daily depreciation. ;)

rpedro
07-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I want one... bad... it could walk my pugs...:)