PDA

View Full Version : serializer with banebots controller

csdude
07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Hello all.

I hooked up the banebots motorcontroller (BB-3-9) to servo port 2 of the serializer and want to control a DC motor with it.

The ready light is flashing rapidly. According to the manual the ready light will become steady as soon as it receives the neutral throttle position signals.

My question: How do I send a "throttle neutral' signal to it with the serializer ?
(I tried 'servo 2:0' and 'servo 2:-100' but that didn't do it.)

thanks,

Ron

Adrenalynn
07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
0 is the neutral position. Try trimming it a bit, -1 +1, -2, +2

Are you talking to it over a terminal session, or writing to it using the .Net libraries?

yes, from my experience, the flickering BaneBots light means it's not trimmed-out.

csdude
07-21-2008, 02:02 PM
right now with a terminal session

let me give that a shot...

0 is the neutral position. Try trimming it a bit, -1 +1, -2, +2

Are you talking to it over a terminal session, or writing to it using the .Net libraries?

yes, from my experience, the flickering BaneBots light means it's not trimmed-out.

Adrenalynn
07-21-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm still forbidden from taking mine out of the package, so I'm only reading the docs. Are we sure the range in the terminal session is the same as the range in the dotNet libs?

csdude
07-21-2008, 02:34 PM
*lol* who forbid you to open it up ?

It worked, I have to set the 'servo control' to -2.

Oh and that truck is going to be darn fast, I better put a voltage controller between the motor controller and the battery before I let students horse around with it.

I'm still forbidden from taking mine out of the package, so I'm only reading the docs. Are we sure the range in the terminal session is the same as the range in the dotNet libs?

Adrenalynn
07-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Write your own servo controller library and cap the range.

I figured it just needed to be trimmed-out a bit. Those banebots are very trim sensitive...

csdude
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
More than likely going to be a thing the students are going to do.
(I am running out of time and still need to take some vacation)

Write your own servo controller library and cap the range.

I figured it just needed to be trimmed-out a bit. Those banebots are very trim sensitive...