PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Autonomous Kondo Robots

Atom
07-22-2008, 04:28 AM
I am wondering if anyone in this community has had success with using roborealm or other software to work with the RCB3-HV for autonomous control. I want to use the factory kondo board with visual software and a AI program via bluetooth/radio to work with my KHR1-HV. Any ideas appreciated ...

rpedro
07-22-2008, 08:15 AM
I know Droidworks has a1hv, and is a very knowledgable and cool person to talk to. Send him a PM, I am sure he can help you out...

Droid Works
07-22-2008, 10:11 AM
You can use the pc remote control and make whatever programing you want. Shouldn't be to hard but very very time consuming writing the program.

rpedro
07-22-2008, 12:22 PM
See, told you he would know...:)

Atom
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
What is PC remote control? Is it a program like PC anywhere which serves as a remote access point for windows using a remote PC. I am not much of a programmer so please elaborate on ways to start running rcb3 autonomously.

Adrenalynn
07-22-2008, 10:43 PM
It's a USB dongle that can send data to the Kondo as if the PC were a remote control.

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/p/4914-USB-Radio-Control.aspx

rpedro
07-22-2008, 10:47 PM
so all in all is the controller better than the usb option??? just curious...I am leaning on the controller...:)

Atom
07-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I noticed that part from kondo, but can you use it as high speed serial control or is it a basic radio transmitter. I would like something that has high speed serial control so I could edit motions without connecting it with the ics serial cable. Anyone have a bluetooth setup with the rcb3, and what about a visual program to run heart to heart remotely ? Thanks so far for all the input..

Atom
08-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I have been working with roborealm lately and have had some success in interfacing with the rcb3-hv. I have run a small program in roborealm that will recognize a soccer ball, get in position and kick it away . Eventually I want to play against it with another one of my robots when I add some more to the program.
YouTube - Manoi Autonomous soccer