PDA

View Full Version : [Just For Fun] Sexual Dimorphism in Robots

darkback2
07-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I think of some robots such as Vivian as girls, and others such as copybot as boys. I couldn't really tell you why. I think Lisa may actually be larry, because it is more of a boy than a girl, and really the vote is still out on lexi. It used to have something to do with size, but now that I think about it...

Do you think of your robot as a boy, girl, or it...and why?

DB

MYKL
07-22-2008, 03:42 PM
It could be a simple case of overall attributes of whatever you are categorizing leading you in one direction or another.

Male: Reliable/Simple/Easy , Strong, Big/Bulky, Slow/Steady Hard to destroy. When you get it running it does exactly what you expected it to 'till you get bored with it. Even after years of gathering dust you can fire it up for nostolgias sake.

Female: Finicky/Challenging/Expensive , Sleak and Delicate, Quick/Smooth. When you finally get to turn it on you get a full-on-robot chubby because it does everything you dreamed it could do and more as long as you keep pumping money/time into it.

^_^

ScuD
07-22-2008, 04:04 PM
rofl...

Mykl just defined it perfectly. the end.

Adrenalynn
07-22-2008, 04:07 PM
I just have no comment. I was giving it some thought, but MyKL just swooped in and stomped on that.

4mem8
07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
I was also going to say my piece BUT, MYKL said it for me, Almost read my mind.

jdolecki
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I think I'm "Sleek and Delicate"