PDA

View Full Version : Florida Spar event?

MSpurk
07-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Just trying to poll the general Mech demographic to determine if the possibility exists of holding a "spar" type event in Gainesville. I have a 16'x16' fully enclosed combat robot arena that would be great for handling these bots.

This would only be for sparring as I don't have the knowledge, the budget, nor the will to create a scoring system. It might be a nice opportunity for some of us bEAST coast folks to try out some Mechs.

Any takers?

-Matt-

A-Bot
07-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Just trying to poll the general Mech demographic to determine if the possibility exists of holding a "spar" type event in Gainesville. I have a 16'x16' fully enclosed combat robot arena that would be great for handling these bots.

This would only be for sparring as I don't have the knowledge, the budget, nor the will to create a scoring system. It might be a nice opportunity for some of us bEAST coast folks to try out some Mechs.

Any takers?

-Matt-
I'm planning to visit my folks in the Port Orange area around the holidays. I should be operational by then.

sthmck
07-25-2008, 07:23 AM
your in Orlando? If so i might be interested. I have a friend who has a house right outside of Orlando and I'm pretty sure I could stay there for free.

MSpurk
07-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah I live in Haines City with my brothers and parents living in Kissimmee. I have a permanent 16'x16' arena we're hoping to finish construction tomorrow. I also have a 8'x8' fully enclosed transportable arena that I can setup anywhere in about 90 minutes (plus drivetime).

If we do a spar in Gainesville then I can help transport anyone from Orlando. The nicest thing about O-town is outside of Vegas it is probably the cheapest place for hotels in the US.

-Matt-

sthmck
07-26-2008, 06:54 AM
That is cool her house is in Kissimmee. I will defiantly look in to coming down some time. Of course I will have to work the trip in around classes and obviously when I finish my mech.