PDA

View Full Version : [Kondo 2HV] Accelerator quesion

rpedro
07-28-2008, 12:25 AM
DOH!!! I didn't know I needed a jumper extension cable!!! thought it came with it like the gyros did...:( oh well, do I need one or two extensions???
thanks!!! here's the link...

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/p/5258--Universal-Male-Male-Jumper-12-.aspx

rpedro
07-28-2008, 06:48 AM
so does anyone actually know??? I need to order a cable I am sure or is it two???
thanks

darkback2
07-28-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure what you are talking about...I would love to help. What did you order originally, and what do you think you need?

rpedro
07-28-2008, 08:46 AM
I am looking at the manual and they mention a cable like the one I posted needs to be used... My gyros came with cables to hook then up, but not the accelerator... Does anyone know if I need one or two cables to hook it up??? Thanks!!!

Electricity
07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Its only four bones, I'd suggest ordering two just to be on the safe side. That way you've atleast got one as a backup, if nothing else.
If your in a rush, you might consider running down to the local electronics store, I'm sure even RadioHack has something that simple. If not your local RC hobby shop is sure to have it.

ScuD
07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
If you have a soldering iron you could use standard .1" pitch IC sockets or PCB connectors for a "quick fix".

As E' said, the local R/C shop should be able to help you out too

DresnerRobotics
07-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah that's just a 3 pin standard servo male-male cable, hobby store will have em if this is holding you up and you need it asap.

As there is only 3 pins on the device, and you mount it within the torso, I'm sure a single 6 inch cable would provide you with enough length.

rpedro
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM
thanks... yeah the $4 bucks is no issue...:) I have already spent $1000... just wish I hadn't missed it... I should have looked at the sensors a little more carefully... it's ok, live and learn, ok looks like another order in on the way...:)

rpedro
07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
ok, all ordered... wow $13 priority shipping for two $4 cables...:) it's ok I won't take it personally Matt...:) I know shipping is up everywhere... but sheeesh... oh well my bad on forgetting the cables anyway... plus anything to help out the awesome shop... still saving that loose change for my GENEX and radio control... oh and my large battery...

Kondo Dave
07-29-2008, 06:19 AM
Hey , being a thread about gyros etc thought i would ask a quick question!
Can i have two krg-3s running without the accelerometer? I dont mind if my robot cant get up roght now.
I want to make him more stable-for walking etc and radio controlled.
So the question is that will the two gyros run and work without the accelerometer.
I think i know the answer but want someone who knows what they are doing to give me an insight!!
Also recieved my clear genex suit today!! So some paint jobs coming up.
Will keep you posted tho. - btw my favourite colour is red, so you might be able to work out where my Kondo's new clothes are headin!! :)
Ta, Dave

rpedro
07-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Can i have two krg-3s running without the accelerometer? I dont mind if my robot cant get up roght now.
So the question is that will the two gyros run and work without the accelerometer.
I think i know the answer but want someone who knows what they are doing to give me an insight!!
Will keep you posted tho. - btw my favourite colour is red, so you might be able to work out where my Kondo's new clothes are headin!! :)
Ta, Dave

Dave, you don't have to have an accellerator to run two gyros... its just an added bonus to help the robot get up from a fall...:) glad to hear about your GENEX suit!!! I can't wait to see it...
keep me posted...

Kondo Dave
07-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Cool , i will keep you posted!!
Off to get some paint today/tomorrow!! Cant wait to get started.
Also does anyone know the values required for the gyros? or do i understand correctly its trial and error with the bot. As everyones is slightly different??
Oh plus, sorry me rambling, one of my kondo servos hardly turns by hand its sooooo stiff! I had to take it out of the leg and use it for the head. Is it a major problem or is it just stiff? Not really sure what to do with it. I tried moving it using h2h but it was tempremental , and moved. but was really hard going.
Dave

rpedro
08-02-2008, 03:12 PM
how's the project going Dave??? hope all is well... need pics!!!:) hey so do I...:(

Droid Works
08-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Can i have two krg-3s running without the accelerometer? YES

I dont mind if my robot cant get up roght now. You can program the get up motions in your remote and do it manually, you don't need the accelerometer if you don't want it.

So the question is that will the two gyros run and work without the accelerometer. YES you can use up to 3 if you want.

Just in case you didn't know, paint the inside of the shell not the outside.

Will keep you posted tho. - btw my favourite colour is red, so you might be able to work out where my Kondo's new clothes are headin!! :) Cant wait to see it, post some pics when its done :happy:
Ta, Dave

Sorry it took so long to reply.