PDA

View Full Version : [Kondo 2HV] 2HV servo issues...:(

rpedro
08-04-2008, 10:32 AM
ok turned it all on to start up setting them up, and nothing!!! I have a green light on the board, and the servo 1 is plugged in the right section... I did everything the manual says, and I am moving the sliders with no luck at all!!! I can't figure out what I am doing wrong... I have com 3 selected, it is the only com port that is recognized by the software, even installed the usb drivers, and have checked device manager... what else am I supposed to do? thanks so much!!! also, notice the H2H software on the sliders is all smashed together... hmmm... any way to fix that? and for some reason I am not getting the other slider screens after selecting the individual servos... please help...
thanks

rpedro
08-04-2008, 11:16 AM
figured it out...:) I knew I had it in me... will keep you all posted...
thanks

Adrenalynn
08-04-2008, 12:56 PM
This is the part where you tell everyone HOW you solved it rather than just that you did. ;)

rpedro
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
oh yeah... ok... no sense hiding it, somehow I have a com 3 and com 5, but only the com 5 picks up... weird... question for anyone that uses H2H3J... why are all the sliders on top of each other when you set them... makes it a little hard to read... any fixes yet???

Adrenalynn
08-04-2008, 01:06 PM
You might try installing the Japanese version of Windows - that tends to fix the layout issues with things like that.

rpedro
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I will definitely try that option... I am about to assemble all the completed assemblies together... will keep you all posted...

RKM83
08-04-2008, 08:34 PM
why are all the sliders on top of each other when you set them... makes it a little hard to read... any fixes yet???

Right click on the channel and on check the Fixation of the panel- This should allow you to move them.

Droid Works
08-04-2008, 08:45 PM
why are all the sliders on top of each other when you set them... makes it a little hard to read... any fixes yet???

Right click on the channel and on check the Fixation of the panel- This should allow you to move them.[/quote]
You can move them anywhere you want. Just uncheck fixation of panel.

rpedro
08-04-2008, 09:32 PM
thanks, tried this out... it works great!!!:)

rpedro
08-05-2008, 12:20 AM
ok, got it all going, and finishing tying the wires back...:) question, I downloaded the us version of the sample motions as the disc the robot shipped with is worthless... also is the robot always supposed to make a little noise???(sounds like servos...) and its making me nervous... it seems to me in certain motions the robot struggles...:( are my servos too tight??? also should I do what the manual says about the ICS settings on certain servos, they recommend changing certain ones from HARD to MID...
thanks... I am getting there, but looks like a TON of tweaking...:)

crabfu
08-05-2008, 12:46 AM
ok, got it all going, and finishing tying the wires back...:) question, I downloaded the us version of the sample motions as the disc the robot shipped with is worthless... also is the robot always supposed to make a little noise???(sounds like servos...) and its making me nervous... it seems to me in certain motions the robot struggles...:( are my servos too tight??? also should I do what the manual says about the ICS settings on certain servos, they recommend changing certain ones from HARD to MID...
thanks... I am getting there, but looks like a TON of tweaking...:)

ok, it's been a while... but I'll try to answer, but droid works will probably have better solutions.

- your home trim position is very important. To me this is one of the biggest downfall of kondo... makes no sense, it makes sharing and using files very difficult.... so if you can't get the sample motions to work, it's probably your home trim position out of whack.

- making noise, yes it will make noise. The servos are trying to keep position, and always in load, even if it's not standing, it's carrying some weight just trying to keep position. If you have gyros in the mix, it will tend to shake, a lot more than just making noise.

- struggle... yes it will struggle, especially when battery drains. It is difficult for the servos, working a lot of torque needed to keep position.

-ICS... If I remember correctly, I have the legs all hard, to try to keep up with the torque needed for walking etc. Upper body doesn't need the same sort of power needed to keep balanced. I believe it can be changed per motion position.... but honestly it's been a long time since I've played with my kondo, so I don't quite remember.

So yeah, LOTS of tweaking and playing around with. My method was a lot of trial and error, and thanks to help from robots-dreams :) Keep an eye on the battery level, when it's falling over a lot, it probably means battery is running low - not shut off yet, but just too low to keep up with the demands of servos to keep upright, especially in walks, or any sort of unbalanced moves.

Hope that helps... droid works can take it over from here, he's much more knowledgeable about kondos than me :)

-Crabfu

rpedro
08-05-2008, 12:52 AM
wow!!! thanks crabfu!!! I am getting there, just want to be sure I am on the right path... I appreciate all the help on this, and yes, I did get the sample motions to work!!! I just wanted to be sure I was doing it all correctly... thanks again... will keep you posted...:)

hey crabfu, to try using your motions, I noticed they are not actual click files... where do I copy and paste those to work???
thanks so much for all of your help...

Droid Works
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
The most important thing to remember is with any kondo bot the home position is the key to all motion files. If your home position is off even a little bit you will have problems with motion files. If you have a good home position any motion file should play just fine.

rpedro
08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I think I have got him set home pretty good, I even used the manual that mentions using the built in guides in the legs,etc,,, any other recommendations on setting it up??? should I use the ICS settings at all like it mentions in the manual??? also, I read somewhere you can bring up a picture of the 2hv, and label all the parts instead of the channel #'s... any help would be great!!!
thanks...

how do you link more than one sample motion together??? I am trying to do a whole routine... also, man, battery life is kind of weak...:( I can't believe 12 hours to charge, and about 40 mins at most to play... after setting zero,etc, I dodn't have much time...looks like more batteries are in my future...