PDA

View Full Version : Servo Center 3.1 problems with roborealm.

Droid Works
08-09-2008, 10:28 PM
If I have my Servo Center 3.1 turned on and select it in control and roborealm crashes. I have to turn off my Servo Center 3.1 to select it without crashing roborealm. Also when I have the Servo Center 3.1 interface up it will only give me the option of picking com1, my Servo Center 3.1 is on com3. I have tried everything and am out of ideas. Can anyone help me get this thing to work with roborealm?

Adrenalynn
08-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Steven (author of roborealm) is a great and tremendously responsive guy. I see you posted over there (I checked first ;)) - you'll get your answer for sure there.

Droid Works
08-09-2008, 11:52 PM
When I find out the problem I will post it here so its a useful thread.

robot maker
08-10-2008, 10:31 AM
i also have servocenter 3.1,but havent had a chance to hook it up to roborealm
so many projects,Steve at roborealm it a great guy at roborealm
i guess you downloaded the new version

When I find out the problem I will post it here so its a useful thread.

Droid Works
08-10-2008, 02:34 PM
It works with roboralm great but I had to change the com port to com1, But I want to use com3. I will post the answer when I get it.

Adrenalynn
08-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Do you have something else on COM1 when you put it on COM3? You know that by default they share interrupts, COM1 with COM3, COM2 with COM4, right? That's a holdover limitation from the 8086/8088 and how BIOS maps 'em.

By default, without changing them under Device Manager, Anything on COM1 will conflict with anything on COM3 and vice-versa.

robot maker
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
like ADRENALYNN says seems like a conflict problem,do you have a web camera hook up,disconnect then see if it works

It works with roboralm great but I had to change the com port to com1, But I want to use com3. I will post the answer when I get it.

Adrenalynn
08-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, except that a webcam wouldn't be using COM1/COM3 base-coms. If you know of a webcam that will go standard RS232 without hardware engineering please let me know. USB web-cams instantiate as HID or WDM/WDF class drivers, not virtual comports. Not enough bandwidth.

Droid Works
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
No its not that it just gives you com1 no matter what you do. I think its a software glitch in roborealm. I haven't heard from Steve yet but I will let you know what it is as soon as I know.

Droid Works
08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
It was just a glitch here is the response I got from Steve. This fixed the problem.

Droid,

Can you download the latest version 1.8.18.8 and try adding this module again? We think there was an error in getting the COM description for that port. We can't replicate the issue so we are theorizing a bit. If you continue to have the error please let us know and we will send you additional debug instructions.

STeven.