PDA

View Full Version : Trials.. How are you going to test your Mech?

Electricity
08-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Heres something that hasn't really been discussed as of yet. Aside from doing a local get together, how are you going to test the combat readyness of your mech?!
it seems to me a series of trials are in order! So, lets come up with some, here are some ideas I had.

1. The BB walk. Scatter increasingly large numbers of bbs on your floor and see if your mech can walk across them.
2. The Box! Get a big ol refrigerator box, paint the inside grey (to match the arena) and test your mech's targeting abilities by shooting at various red rectangles (to simulate the hit plate). Get some other sucker to hold the red plates by a string, and practice your own targeting camera.
3. Navigation. Set out a random number of boxes, and see how your mech does walking around them, 'looking' for a target.

Thoughts?

sthmck
08-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Those are some pretty good ideas. Since I am going to be relying on speed and maneuverability I will also set up test for those aspects. I will also do target tracking if I have enough time.

gdubb2
08-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Sounds good.. My pool table has 1 ft. square legs to walk around.. 2 small dogs for target carriers. The floor is kind of gray tile stuff. Not to mention all the weeds the wife has around to simulate nature.

I'm set !!!

Oh Yeah a middleweight battlebot to test the ruggeddness with.

Gary

Electricity
08-13-2008, 01:08 PM
One of you has to change your avatar. I think a fight to the death is in order.

sthmck
08-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah the first time I saw some one else with mine I was like oh no when did I make that post. Then I was like wait thats not me.

4mem8
08-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Electricity: Cool idea, It needs to be done. I'm a way of that side of things yet though, But worth thinking about.