PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] FSR 24 inch strip

BrandonG32
08-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey guys I was just wondering if they had smaller strips than the 24''. I would also like to mount this on a robot gripper finger. Would this work good for sensing touch? If not, what would any of you recommend for getting touch(something small like a strip would be be nice). Thanks guys.

Alex
08-27-2008, 10:52 AM
You can cut the 24" strip down. The only problem is that the section that you cut off will be unusable.

If you're wanting to mount a force sensor onto a robot gripper, depending on your setup, I'd use the .2" or .5" FSR's:

http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store/c/2670-Force-Sensors-Pressure-Touch-Sensors.aspx

We've used the .2" FSR's with grippers on many past projects

BrandonG32
08-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey Alex,
I was wondering, how short can you cut them strip. I need the strip to wrap around. And once you cut it, how would you get the pins back on. Would you have to solder them on again?

Alex
08-27-2008, 12:55 PM
You can cut them as short as you want. When you cut it, the section with the pins/leads is the side you use. The section without, is garbage.

Adrenalynn
08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
As far as reattaching the pins - I don't think I would. I'd be more inclined to scrape the resin off with a sharp knife/razorblade, and solder a couple pins on it.