PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Slip Ring Source.

Doctor Robotnik
09-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Hi, I was wondering if any of you know a good source for slip rings, espicially high current ones. I was also wondering if it is possible to use high speed communication through them such as USB 2 or Ethernet. Thank you for your help!

Alisterb
09-08-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi Doctor Rob. Excuse me while I appear biased but I can recommend Pandect Precision Components for slip rings. Biased because thats who I work for. We can design a slip rings for pretty much any application. High current not a problem, ethernet not a problem, miniature 2 channels up to 300 way monsters. Your location is certainly going to be an issue. We are based in the UK, but we supply worldwide to USA, China, Japan. Drop me a line if you would like to discuss things further. If however you need a supply local to you, let me know where you are and I'll see if I can track a good supplier down.

Adrenalynn
09-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Alisterb,

Welcome to the TRC!

Thank you for chiming in and sourcing for DocRobo here! We invariably welcome suppliers and manufacturers responding directly to requests here - it's a great community service - and I really appreciate that you acknowledged you represent Pandect Precision (http://www.pandect.co.uk/SLIPRINGS%20Robotics.htm). It's also really great that you offered to help him find local supply if necessary.

Please do stick around!

Doctor Robotnik
09-09-2008, 03:14 AM
Thank you very much! A little background info. I have some silver bomber scooters that I have been planning to use for a while and I think I finally have a good design for them. I plan to use them (stripped down to the motor and wheel) as part of an omnidirectional system. It will be a little like a table, a platform with the legs being the silver bomber motors and wheels. Other motors will then rotate, these legs. Hence, I would like something that can allow endless 360 rotation. These legs will at least need a high current channel for the motor, and a communication channel for the motor controller. As for the high speed connection....I would also like to eventually add a waist so I can attach an arm equiped with camera. 360 rotation would be nice for here as well. I would like it to be able to handle worst case stall condition of all the arm motors. How much do your slip rings normally cost? (granted till I have some numbers to give you I know it would only be a guess).

Alisterb
09-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Dr Rob
I am currently eating Hamburger in Hamburg and away from my office. I will need to talk to my designer before I can get back to you, give me till next week. Can I PM you?

Doctor Robotnik
09-11-2008, 02:23 PM
PM, wha'ts that?

Adrenalynn
09-11-2008, 03:11 PM
"Private Message" - ie. sending you a private message on the forum.

Doctor Robotnik
09-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Dr Rob
I am currently eating Hamburger in Hamburg and away from my office. I will need to talk to my designer before I can get back to you, give me till next week. Can I PM you?

Go right ahead!

jdolecki
09-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Try Here.

http://www.mercotac.com/