PDA

View Full Version : Hello im new

Bug57
10-14-2008, 03:47 PM
First timer hear and i know little about robotics. I have big ideas and have the building skills to do it. i just dont know the robotic parts list to start it..lol. I just thought i say hi to everyone hear!

Adrenalynn
10-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi Bug, welcome to the TRC! We're here to help you figure it out. :)

I've moved this over to the Off Topic forum, hope you don't mind.

darkback2
10-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Welcome bug...

Check out this forum (http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=2454) for tips on getting started if you want to go big...if not, then may I suggest you think about what you might want a robot to do, and go from there.

For humanoids I would suggest either a bioloid, or robobuilder kit because they can grow...for an absolute beginner...the Lego Mindstorms NXT kits are great.

DB

Bug57
10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Noprob.. Dident no were to start with the talk..lol. Im starting on my first robotic arm with 3 servos i got from a tonka truck with a wired remote lol. It will be a first time for me. im taking the servos out of the truck with the wires still on,attached to the remote.putting the servos on the (base) (lower elbo) (upper elbo) of a home made cran arm i would have it made. What do you think?

darkback2
10-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Sounds like an awesome junkbot (http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=2472) project. What is the torque rating on the servos your pulling? Also, How big of an arm are you talking about? Seams like depending this could be really cool.

Db

4mem8
10-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Welcome bug57, Enjoy your stay here, Real cool forum.

Bug57
10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
im not sure on the torque yet, is there a way i can test that? I got the idea of a juke bot from your contest of staying under $20.00 rule. ( I thought that was far for guys like me who dont have a lot of cash to spend off the bat but have good ideas).

Adrenalynn
10-16-2008, 04:08 PM
At the simplest/roundest numbers, a digital hanging fish scale which can be had for a couple dollars. Not terribly accurate, but gives you an order of magnitude.

Do you have any numbers on the servos that might be cross-reference-able?

darkback2
10-16-2008, 04:25 PM
im not sure on the torque yet, is there a way i can test that? I got the idea of a juke bot from your contest of staying under $20.00 rule. ( I thought that was far for guys like me who dont have a lot of cash to spend off the bat but have good ideas).

Welcome then...and its not only about being fair, but more about pushing people to be the most creative they can. I guess when I see someone putting together a robot using a kit with $2000 in servos...I think...big deal. When I see someone make a cool bot being creative...thats what this is all about.

DB

Bug57
10-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Cool!! thanks for the big help! ill keep ya up dated on the bot..mybe get some pics on hear